When can I do a complete rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 1998 GMC Yukon 4dr 4wd. Does anyone know how old it needs to be before I can basically gut out all the electronics, computer, airbags, gauges, motor and trans and build it the way I want to, all analog, but still street legal. Basically a newer style body with an old heart. The pic below is kinda how I’m envisioning it, the dash anyways...
6e9d3b54fea9c7ba186a73cdc29a8f98.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it probably depends on what state you reside in and what the rules are for "modified" vehicles, might want to start by inquiring with your state DMV because they are the ultimate decision maker as far as if it would still be legal to drive on the road or not.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your state have vehicle/emissions inspections? How about antique status for autos? Start there and see. If in Florida, you could gut the cats right off the dealer's lot; for now. If the wrong people get elected they usually bring back vehicle emissions inspections. Thankfully, the citizens have kept them out of power for about twenty years so far. But them Yanks keep coming down here and voting for the same kind of people that ran them out of their home state; some folks never learn!