Wheel weights----ADHESIVE vs CLIP ON---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch.

Edit: they aren’t that bad to drive on, unlike what they look like. That’s the idea with stretching them, so when you look at them it looks like there’s almost no tire due to the rounded shoulder but if you get down and look at them from a different angle you can see there’s more rubber than it looks like. And on the fronts, at first I tried the same size 295/30/26 on the 9” wide rims because I wanted a bit of extra cushion due to the weight of the engine. But that turned out to be a disaster because the sidewalls weren’t rounded, they were straight which, combined with the fact the fender lips weren’t rolled, caused them to catch the fenders when I was turning sharp and wasn’t aired up enough. I had to replace both front fenders, cut the tubs from the old ones and weld them in the new ones, it was a lot of work. I ended with 255/30/26’s on those and rolled the new fenders and now I can do 95% of my driving with the truck aired up to about 2-3” off the ground. What’s that got to do with wheel weights? IDK.:rolleyes:

Last edited: