Wheel stats for the 2021 Tahoes or Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my wife a 2021 Tahoe LT and would like to get snow tires for her Tahoe during the crappy winter months in Michigan. Our Tahoe came with 20" rims when we bought the signature/luxury package. 20" tires cost an arm and a leg so going with 18" wheels is an option and no big deal during the 3 to 4 months she might have the snow tires on her Tahoe. Does anyone know what the sizes are for the wheels on our Tahoes or Yukons. I would like to know the following for both the 18" rims and the 20" rims ---------

Bolt pattern
diameter
width
offset

Also if anyone happens to know are the last generation wheels compatible with the 2021s?
if so that would be awesome because there are a ton of used wheels for sale on Ebay and Craigslist.

Thanks a bunch ahead of time and chime in if you can help out with the info i am looking for.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire Rack is your friend here. I went 20's to 18's on my current non GM vehicle and they worked perfectly from them. Blizzaks are a consistent and dependable performer. They stick like glue in the winter. Wouldn't have an expensive vehicle in winter conditions without them....

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire Rack is your friend here. I went 20's to 18's on my current non GM vehicle and they worked perfectly from them. Blizzaks are a consistent and dependable performer. They stick like glue in the winter. Wouldn't have an expensive vehicle in winter conditions without them....
I agree but currently (as of Sept 14th at 3am) Tire Rack did not show wheels available for the 2021 models yet. I will try again later today.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my wife a 2021 Tahoe LT and would like to get snow tires for her Tahoe during the crappy winter months in Michigan. Our Tahoe came with 20" rims when we bought the signature/luxury package. 20" tires cost an arm and a leg so going with 18" wheels is an option and no big deal during the 3 to 4 months she might have the snow tires on her Tahoe. Does anyone know what the sizes are for the wheels on our Tahoes or Yukons. I would like to know the following for both the 18" rims and the 20" rims ---------

Bolt pattern
diameter
width
offset

Also if anyone happens to know are the last generation wheels compatible with the 2021s?
if so that would be awesome because there are a ton of used wheels for sale on Ebay and Craigslist.

Thanks a bunch ahead of time and chime in if you can help out with the info i am looking for.

Pull a wheel off and see what the offset is. 18" tires are more expensive than 20s generally speaking. Get a set of KO2s and forget about changing tires due to weather, they'll do it all and not start fading in performance until about 50K miles or so.

PZX Wheel 18 x 8.5
RD4 Wheel 20 x 9.0 (NZU, RD2)
SGF Wheel 22 x 9.0 (RVA, RPT, SHD)

Big Bad Allis

Reaction score
Snow is no issue. It is the ice from our crappy road commission out here :(

Exactly. I've found that the biggest help is with lateral traction. The OE tires like to just slide through turns instead of biting in and turning. Even going slowly on ice or packed snow it helps a lot having the traction of a specialized snow/ice tire. Just don't run them many miles above 40-45°. The softer compound will wear much faster and create more heat.

OP
OP
Fireman591

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I've found that the biggest help is with lateral traction. The OE tires like to just slide through turns instead of biting in and turning. Even going slowly on ice or packed snow it helps a lot having the traction of a specialized snow/ice tire. Just don't run them many miles above 40-45°. The softer compound will wear much faster and create more heat.
I agree 100% I want a complete set of snow/ice tires on wheels so I can swap them on and off when the weather calls for it. I run winter tires on our sons Chevy Cruze from December through March every year. The rears are cupped due to running them in warmer temps. No big deal just a tad noisy :) LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf

Latest posts