Wheel Speed Sensor / ABS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
It might be worth finding a good tech with an oscilloscope who knows how to use it and pay him for a diagnosis. Without that all you can do is change parts and hope to get lucky. And if you’ve already changed the bad part and won the China parts lottery with a faulty replacement it can drive you nuts, running you around in circles.

If you want to soldier on, get the pin out diagram and swap the left and right sensor leads at the ABS module and see if the problem moves or not. That’ll tell you which direction the problem lies.

OP
OP
C

Carp0331

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a new code reader that will read abs codes as well. It also shows live data. Code is popping up for the driver front sensor. When I view data for all 4 it is the only one not reading a speed. When I ohm the sensor it comes back good. I’ve crossed the splice both ways and even cleaned the connector. Starting to think the previous owner might have grounded one of the wires and fried the circuit for it in the EBCM. A new abs module is my next move. I plan to purchase one and install it then have the dealer program it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman