Wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NappyBoy

Reaction score
i own a 2016 tahoe z71 with a leveling kit and with tires 285/65/R18 on factory rims now i want to install a 1 inch wheel spacer but they told me i have to trim the hub bolts and i want to install a wheel spacer that not more than 2 inchs and without bolt trimming

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so what's the question?

They told you what needed to be done, and they are correct....or are you just simply passing the info along?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
i own a 2016 tahoe z71 with a leveling kit and with tires 285/65/R18 on factory rims now i want to install a 1 inch wheel spacer but they told me i have to trim the hub bolts and i want to install a wheel spacer that not more than 2 inchs and without bolt trimming

This depends on your wheels. Take one off and look at the back. Are there divots or voids in between the lug holes? On most stock wheels there are. If so, measure how deep they are. Then measure the length of the stud from the brake rotor to the tip. The spacer will need to be thicker than the length of the stud minus the depth of the divot.

Example:

I run a stock 18" wheel that has 3/4" divots in the back. My lug studs are 1-3/4" long. I could run a 1" spacer without trimming.

Notes:

I deem it wise to leave a little wiggle room, so I would run at least 1-1/4.

At least (I think a little more than) 1/4" of your lug studs are just the rounded tip. You can trim that off without losing any thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17