Wheel shake\vibration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savagebasher

Reaction score
This is driving me crazy. Have a 2017 Yukon Denali that has steering wheel and front end vibration\shake around 75mph that I can’t figure out.

So far I have tried:

Several rebalancing attempts both at dealer and discount tire
New tires (Defender LTX)
New replica wheels from discount tire
Alignment

Dealer just had it in for 100k service and said everything with suspension, brakes, all checks out.

Any ideas?

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you've already covered all the usual. My first thought was to get the tires/wheels road forced matched and balanced. You should have gotten a printed readout of the conditions. Was this actually done? Then the common issue is a loose idler and/or pitman arm. Doesn't take much to get the vibration on the heavy machines these days. I wonder if the alignment guy actually checked these?

6Parkers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my 2015. I installed a MaxTrax 2/4 drop back in the spring time and put 24's on it. Wheels are balanced and front end aligned. I have been trying to figure this out and when I was looking the other day I found my sway bar links were shot. I would like to think this was contributing to the shaking. I haven't replaced them yet so I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne