Wheel pop or click while turning 2015 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Utah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought I would share what I did to get this fixed under warranty. I recently purchased a 2015 Suburban LTZ. The wheel would pop or click when turning.

I emailed my SA the following.

I am scheduled for the MyLink update this coming Saturday. I have the pop or click when I turn the steering wheel. The research I have done shows there should be a TSB for this issue.

Here is a link that describes what needs to occur to resolve it. https://gm.oemdtc.com/5836/upper-st...he-steering-wheel-2015-cadillac-chevrolet-gmc

The TSB's may be these 190786, 192447,

I am happy to report that the dealership did the repair free of charge. I have included the service receipt, you can see the mileage is past the 36K bumper to bumper. Hopefully this will help other get this issue resolved for free.

Murdock Chev.jpg

Last edited:

MNTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I have reported this to my local dealer a couple time when I've had it in, and each time they can't duplicate it in order to diagnose it. Since it's sporadic I haven't been lucky in identifying a pattern that can produce it on command. Anyone have better luck with that?

dkman610

Reaction score
Mine existed for a while now and has now gotten worse and more frequent, I'm past the warranty and wonder what this will cost.

icemochalatte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a very similar problem with a 2015 Tahoe and the steering would pop at a quarter turn in either direction. Was very consistent and did it for only about a week before taking it into the dealer.

My Tahoe has 51k miles and is out of warranty. Cost for repair at the dealer was $388. Upper steering column bearing and spring were replaced. I would bet only the spring needed replacement judging by the sound it made before repair.

dkman610

Reaction score
I had a very similar problem with a 2015 Tahoe and the steering would pop at a quarter turn in either direction. Was very consistent and did it for only about a week before taking it into the dealer.

My Tahoe has 51k miles and is out of warranty. Cost for repair at the dealer was $388. Upper steering column bearing and spring were replaced. I would bet only the spring needed replacement judging by the sound it made before repair.

Thank you for the help! I ended up giving up on my 2015 and traded it in for the white 2018 you see in my photo. I also had to have my front seats repaired since the cooling seats went out on me. Hopefully the 2018 treats me better, otherwise it's my last GMC since I'm exhausted with all the bells/whistles going out on me.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had several problems with my early build 2015 but my 2017 has been flawless.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how hard this fix is to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins