Wheel Offset?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I appreciate it.

I am looking at some AM wheels, 17" versus the 20" I have now, so I can air down a little when things get tight. The candidate wheels are zero offset, which I think will add 2" in track total (1" on both sides), which I can tolerate. In the winter, I am in a lot of muddy tracks, so too much track and I have a rolling mud pie within a short time.

Ok...measured it up from inside tire tread to outside tire tread for the front track width:

right at 72”

3.8” wider than stock.

So your math is way better than mine.

7718E1B6-8822-4120-B20E-3611077E0510.jpeg

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...measured it up from inside tire tread to outside tire tread for the front track width:

right at 72”

3.8” wider than stock.

So your math is way better than mine.

View attachment 274707

Thanks bud, I appreciate it.

I was out measuring how much I have to work with (while trying to watch the barn burner between Bama and UCLA), looks like I only have about an additional inch of track if I want to keep the edges inside the fenders (and keep the mud slinging to a minimum).

My current stock tires are 275/55-20. I probably will go with 275/70-17’s on 17” wheels with like +25 offset wheels, so essentially keep the track stock.

I won’t gain much in ground clearance, maybe 1/4” and will probably rub a little at max lock (my current stock setup used to rub at max lock until they had done their magic on the plastic fender liners).

I might experiment with some thin spacers to get the track out to the limit of the fenders.

Thanks again, I needed a little motivation to get me off the dime.

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses. I keep going back and forth between 20x9 with +20 or 20x10 with -18. Really don’t like a ton of poke but I will have fender flares if I can ever hunt some down. Think a 35” tire will rub with +20 with a 6” lift?