Wheel hop, service stability in the DIC when turning left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Penz turner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 tahoe Full time 4WD, F4WD. 5.3. I have wheel hop and binding in the front when turning either way. The rear wheel break loose and front outside wheel leaves a black make on concreat. I have replaced upper and lower ball joint, upper and lower bushings, tierods, hubs, power stearing pump and lines, pitman and idler arms, stearing box, swaybar linkage. The NR4 transfercase has been rebuilt, front differential has been rebuilt, rear outer bearings and seals have been replace. My wife said she was driving and felt a hard clunk on the passanger side like she hit somthing but there was nothing in the road. Also when i turn left, even if tahoe is not moving service stability comes on in the DIC. No codes in snapon obd2. I will greatly appreciate all help.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a drive line problem and not a suspension or steering problem. Tires have to be the same circumference, tread depth, sizes, etc. as Pete said.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My memory hasn't been the best these last few days but it is my recollection that if the light comes on, there's going to be a code stored somewhere. If you're just using some basic scanner or not looking in the right places with an advanced scan tool, you're not going to see them.

OP
OP
P

Penz turner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The differential in your transfer case is not allowing the front axle to slip, move independently, of the rear axle.

Is that the plabetary differential assembly you are refering too? I was told by the mechanic that it was fine, some barrings, shifting fork, lock up shift assembly, and oil pump were replaced.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that the plabetary differential assembly you are refering too? I was told by the mechanic that it was fine, some barrings, shifting fork, lock up shift assembly, and oil pump were replaced.

All three differentials are the planetary style. My earlier post referred to the one in the middle as that is where I think you should start and then check the others. You don't live in Florida by chance do you?

OP
OP
P

Penz turner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All three differentials are the planetary style. My earlier post referred to the one in the middle as that is where I think you should start and then check the others. You don't live in Florida by chance do you?

No I am sorry to say I dont live anywhere near flordia. I see a High/low planetary carrier assembly and planetary differential assembly in the NR4 transfercase.

15270882689962102244295163562115.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd