Wheel dollies, who has experience with them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have always said I should buy some but never do, I think I finally have a reason to. These will be used on the Caddy so that I can either fit all 4-1/2 vehicles in the garage (ya right) or just move it further over to gain some extra space. Anywho I found these on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...oliid=IRXRCW2JB4378&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl and seem decently priced but I know nothing about them. Has anyone used this brand? Have a brand to recommend? I would like to stay around a $100 but depends if I will go up.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found these also. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-3-Set-T...:g:M1gAAOSwMmBVgR0N&item=351433699332&vxp=mtr

The only thing I do like about either of these is that they do not have a brake. I have thought about having some made at work but not sure I will save much.

This would also make a great Christmas gift if all you guys wanted to go together and pick these up for me. I will need them sooner than later so it will have to be an early gift. Thanks in advance!

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found these also. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-X-3-Set-T...:g:M1gAAOSwMmBVgR0N&item=351433699332&vxp=mtr

The only thing I do like about either of these is that they do not have a brake. I have thought about having some made at work but not sure I will save much.

This would also make a great Christmas gift if all you guys wanted to go together and pick these up for me. I will need them sooner than later so it will have to be an early gift. Thanks in advance!

Getting them on and off the vehicle with no brake is going to be a bi***. I would look for a set with a brake that supports more than a 1000 pound per wheel with good bearings/bigger casters that wont seize up. You need someting like this although i know thier a little pricey, especially for 4 of them....but you can easily move them around as long as your on a flat surface.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...ci_sku=37809&gclid=CLjR-a_t-cgCFQaOaQodQBMOKA

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about both of those potential problems also. I was really not hoping to spend that much and may just move cars around the old fashioned way :(

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about both of those potential problems also. I was really not hoping to spend that much and may just move cars around the old fashioned way :(

Just purchase two of those, put them on the rear. and use a jack for the front and move the whole thing over using finesse lol or do what my grandfather did, make your own out of wood and casters. He use to do that for his ford f150 back in the earlier 80's late 90's

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just purchase two of those, put them on the rear. and use a jack for the front and move the whole thing over using finesse lol or do what my grandfather did, make your own out of wood and casters. He use to do that for his ford f150 back in the earlier 80's late 90's
I can make them at work just wanted to do something easy for once.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a set of go Jacks. Do not go cheap here it's not worth it. They break easy. We use them allot. I have seen plenty fail after first use.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy a set of go Jacks. Do not go cheap here it's not worth it. They break easy. We use them allot. I have seen plenty fail after first use.
You just meeting me for the first time? I am the cheapest sumbitch you ever met.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts