What's the "right" way to kill rattles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dashboard rattles a little bit, at the windshield..... I don't know yet how the dash is mounted, so I put a length of rubber vacuum hose between the windshield bottom and leading edge of the dash.

It works, I don't like band aids..... but it works.

There are clips under the dash that allow you to screw it into the metal brackets. They are known to break, that's my guess. Really cheap to fix, but a PITA to take all the dash off to do it.

Musicars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that wrong. I was going say get a mongoose!

I have used the peel and stick rubber feet or foam feet. The rubber feet are thicker and compress less so they put more pressure between the two pieces.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Little late to the party as usual .

I have a roll of duct insulation with adhesive on one side ($12) . I’ve sound deadened all my doors with it (about 2 rolls) and it helps a lot. I have some left over so if I have any rattles I can always cut off a piece as needed to stick in or wedge between whatever if rattling or rubbing.697AEECC-E0F0-43A7-83B2-5666703CF53B.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr

Latest posts