Whats a yukon gt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think gm ever released any GMC or Chevy GT models (truckwise). Must be a fake.
Yes they did, in 1994 I bought a black 1994 GMC Yukon GT SPORT with the Z71 package. I owned it for five months, the wife and I went to the cinema to see a movie. We watched the movie, came back outside and our Yukon was GONE somebody stole it and i was never recovered. Every 1994 Yukon GT that I looked at on area dealerships all had over 100,000 miles on them and they weren't even one year old.

I told the dealer if you get a 1994 GMC Yukon GT in on trade with low miles give me a call and I will come in a buy it if it is clean with low miles. I got a call 18 month later in 1996. They had a beautiful Cherry colored Yukon with only 18,000 miles on it. The owner was going through a divorce and traded it in and I bought it on the spot.

It is now January 2, 2019 and I just got it back out of the shop after having it painted in December 2018. I paid $4,000 and gave it a brand new paint job. Best truck I have ever owned and it only has 138,000 miles on it now and runs like a top. I need to get a new headliner and new carpet and it will look new inside again. The exterior of my Yukon looks great here are some photos.
front view 1994 Yukon GT Sport after paint job 12-21-18.JPG Drivers side 1994 Yukon GT Sport after paint job 12-21-18.JPG Passenger side 1994 Yukon GT Sport after paint job 12-21-18.jpg Rear view 1994 Yukon GT Sport after paint job 12-21-1.JPG

Larry Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just wondering what the difference is between a 2 door yukon and a GT? is it just like a Z71 package with a different name?skid plates and stuff like,or is it just appearance package?(fender flares ect) i found one im going to look at tomorrow(i'll bring my camera) it black with a 7" lift, big tires not sure how big..and a few engine mods.lots of power!! 4000$ canadian.i rode in it before but not for years.its been sitting in the back of a dealership lot for prob 3 years.it was the dealership owners sons truck. i'll post a pic and more details tomorrow.

My 1994 GMC Yukon GT is a 2 door and it came with the Z71 Package and all of the features you mentioned in your post. This is my 2nd 1994 Yukon, the first one got stolen after only owning it for five months and it was never recovered. It took me 18 months to find one with low miles and I bought it on the spot in 1996.

I was told by GMC dealer when I bought my first 1994 Yukon GT that 1994 would the last year that the 2 door Yukon models would be manufactured and he said the 1995 models would be would be lower to the ground than the high riding 94' models and the 1995 models would also have four doors. I prefer the look of the 2 door Yukon.

The description of my 1994 Yukon from the factory was 1994 Yukon GT SPORT with Z71 Package. I had a camping trailer when I bought it and I had to add a trailer hitch. Got rid of the camper two years later. The only thing I added after I bought my 94' Yukon GT in 1996 was I added running boards to make it easier to enter and exit the vehicle.

I now have 138,000 miles on my Yukon and it still runs and drives like new. I have always maintained mine mechanically when something breaks fix it. The only thing major itme I have had to replace was the rear end went on. I was extremely lucky and found a used rear end at a junkyard with on 5,000 actual miles on it. I have some interior work to do (new headliner, new carpet and minor upholstery work to do now that I have a brand new paint job on it.

Last edited:

Larry Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 184291 I have My 97 I'm looking to sell.

Hmmm.... I guess I was lied to by the GMC dealer in 1994. The salesman told me that the 1994 GMC Yukon GT which mine is, would be the last two door Yukon manufactured and starting in 1995 all of the Yukon's would be four door models and they would be lower to the ground. I see yours is a 1997 model and is a two door.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a Tahoe Sport sitting on a dealer's lot when it was new, early to mid 1990s. I think it had a manual transmission, too. The color was red over silver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts