Whats a good obd2 scan tool that can scan abs and air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
craftsman, got a deal on it so why not, it does abs and airbags and didn't cost a ton. model 39853

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...was asking about the craftsman. I would not waste my money on anything but the tech2 if I had any plans on owing a gm for awhile

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No...was asking about the craftsman. I would not waste my money on anything but the tech2 if I had any plans on owing a gm for awhile
they run about $120 on ebay give or take a little, almost $300 retail, got mine on ebay works fine. I just wanted something so I could read some abs problems I had at the time, but it comes in handy for any 96+ obdii

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool....I have a pretty good obd ii scanner for general reasons but just picked up a tech2 for roughly $250. If a person was tight on funds I would definitely get the tech2 and save the generic code reading for the free scans that auto part stores offer. Then I would save for a generic scanner.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm a Tech2 for 250 dollars, wow, last time I looked these were over 3k and that included the Candi Module. I myself use a Genisys and on my Gms it has been a godsend. It is one thing to know the codes but you also have to have the diagnostic tree to do something with it. GM ESi DVD is your friend.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Chinese Tech2 clone....which I think is actually the original manufacturer of the million dollar version is actually the exact same thing and only costs $250 with all of the cables and modules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24