What you guys pay for your 4wd Tahoe 2009 LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
road:

Hypothetical: I'd finance this Tahoe for $100,000 at 0% for 6 years if they'd let me. I'd take the $32.5K check for my Avalanche and the ~$50k overage portion in a check back for $82.5k and do something better with the money. Like, pay off my $350k house and save at least another $25k in interest.

Guess how that works out? It means no more mortgage, and a replacement (smaller) car payment.

Guess who just earned $25k for nothing?

I think we can agree to disagree. :mexsmoke:

Last edited:

mad max

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More advise needed...

I'm looking also and could use some advise. Here is what I just found(one of the last of the '09 6.2 motors):

PEG: 1LZ - LTZ Option Package
Primary Color: 98U - White Diamond
Trim: 196 - Ebony - Perforated Leather
Engine: L9H - Engine: 6.2L, V-8, Non Active Fuel Management
Transmission: MYC - Transmission, 6 Speed Auto
Options: AG1: Seat Adjuster (Driver's Side) JL1: Integrated Trailer Brake
AG2: Seat Adjuster (Passenger Side) KA6: Heated Seats: 2nd Row
AJ1: Glass: Deep Tinted KB6: Heated and Cooled Front Seats
AL4: Bucket Seats: 2nd Row KNP: Transmission Cooling System
AN3: Seats: Front, Full Feature Bucket NE1: CT/MA/ME/NJ/NY/OR/PA/RI/VT/WA
AP3: Remote Start PCJ: Sun, Entertainment and Destinations Package
ARS: Bench Seat: 2nd Row, Power Release QSS: Tires, P275/55R20, All Season, Blackwall
AS3: Rear Seat, 3rd Row, Three Passenger S80: Wheel, 20 x 8.5 Chrome Clad
ASF: Head Curtain Side Airbag T96: Fog Lamps, Front
AU3: Power Door Locks U42: Entertainment System, Rear Seat
B30: Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor
Mats
UBS: XM Sat. Radio w/ Real Time Traffic (subscription)
B58: Floor Mats Frt & Rr, Carpeted Insert UD7: Rear Parking Assist
B85: Moldings, Bright Body Side UE1: OnStar Communication System
BVE: Assist Steps UG1: Homelink Garage Door Opener
C6A: GVW Rating 7300 Lbs UK3: Radio Controls: Steering Wheel
CE1: Rain Sense Wiper System UPF: Bluetooth for Phone
CF5: Sun Roof, Electric Sliding UQA: Speakers: Bose Premium System
CJ2: Climate Control, Electronic - Multi-zone UVB: Radio, AM/FM Stereo, CD/DVD, Navigation
DD8: ISRV Mirror, Electro-chromatic UVC: Rear View Camera System
DL3: Mirrors, O/S Power, Heated, Pwr Folding, Turn
Indicator
V1K: Luggage Rack, Carrier Center Cross
E52: Liftgate with Wiper/Washer V54: Luggage Rack, Roof Mounted, Black
E61: Liftgate w/Liftglass - Power V76: Recovery Hooks
G69: Level Control - Auto Air VGK: LTZ Sales Package
G80: Locking Differential, Rear VK3: License Plate Front Mounting Pkg
GU6: Rear Axle, 3.42 Ratio Z55: Suspension Package: Autoride
JF4: Pedals Adjustable, Power ZY1: Solid Paint Application

I don't see any Z71 package. - not sure if it was available.

Anyone see anything else missing? (Options are my friend! ;-)

MSRP is $59030. Current incentives are Rebate $1500, Bonus Cash $2500, and 60 Day Satisfaction Waiver $500 for a total of $4500 which brings the price down to $54530

Excuse me but, that still seems like way too much $$$$$$$$
And I don't think I should waive the 60 day return option. Of course with a trade in that could make things really complicated...if I took it back I'd be carless unless they hold onto my trade-unlikely.

Last edited:

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've taken plenty of finance classes, and have a business degree. I also spent some time in the car sales world before moving to finance in a GM Dealer.

If you are truly going to keep the vehicle for the life of the loan, or more, then more power to you. But the likelihood of that ACTUALLY happening is slim. I financed around a thousand vehicles in my time as a Finance Manager at a GM BPG dealer and the only customers who financed a vehicle for that amount of time were those who could not TRULY afford the vehicle. Yea, I had quite a few customers tell me that the only reason they were financing the vehicle for that long was because they were going to keep the car "forever". Sure, thats what everyone says when they buy a brand new vehicle. Bust most customers don't keep a car longer than 3 years. However, I would say 9 out of 10 of these customers were clearly financing the vehicle because thats the only way they could afford it. Looking at a credit report and comparing it to income is a very telling story, and its very easy to spot those customers who just seem to love debt, and those customers are generally the ones financing a car for 60 or 72 months.

I used to love hearing customers say they would pay cash for hte car but that since the rate was so low, they would just finance it. Yeah right, if they had the cash, they'd give it to me. No one wants a car payment.

So, if you really are keeping the car for 6+ years, more power to you. Otherwise, financing a vehicel for that amount of time (especially a GM SUV!!), really is insane.

Sorry you feel that way. I have financed cars for 60mos for 10+ years and have only gotten beaten up 2x out of the 7 i bought. I did this one for 72 to keep my payments lower but am sending much more to pay it off quicker (525 + 500 toward principle). I liked this option better because if a few disasters happen in a month or two why should i have to dip into my savings for them when i can just use the extra cash i have? So a couple months go by and i'm not dropping the extra 500 towards principle, so what? Why strap yourself with a "have to" pay xxxx amount?
As for not paying cash? What should i be driving a $20k HHR? Come on man. I have $0 credit card debt, a $2,200 mortgage and a car payment and make over 110k/yr I shouldn't buy a tahoe? What finance calculator are you using? As for those who finance the full 6yrs. Ask yourself how much a 2003-2004 Tahoe/Yukon is going for? especially one that's fully loaded, not to mention the nnbs are going for alot more than the nbs. That's not a bad buy/financial decision. GM fullsize trucks are worth every penny, especially with the rebates and deals we get.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
geez... if you can afford it, buy it. Who cares? LOL...

elbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Madmax, going to PM you instead of letting some secrets out to anyone with a search engine.

:Handshake:

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Thanks for your help guys....I was able to trade in my White 08 LT Tahoe yesterday and upgraded to a new Black 09 LTZ Tahoe w/ the works. I got the truck for close to 51k before t/l (almost 58k sticker) w/ 0% 72 mos financing. They payed off my 08 + a little bit and kept my payment close to what I was paying for the 08....so I'm a happy camper. I'm loving my new Black LTZ. Thanks for the help again!

AWESOME!

Welcome to the club!

Last edited:

mad max

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Madmax, going to PM you instead of letting some secrets out to anyone with a search engine.

Thank you for the money saving information. I can always use a few extra grand in my account. :Handshake: I've already contacted the dealer and tried to get the discounts applied on the white one. If it works, I may try it on a black one I just found! The biggest scare is not seeing any of them because they are so far away and need to be transferred to the local dealer first...

OP
OP
K

KillerStudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you for the money saving information. I can always use a few extra grand in my account. :Handshake: I've already contacted the dealer and tried to get the discounts applied on the white one. If it works, I may try it on a black one I just found! The biggest scare is not seeing any of them because they are so far away and need to be transferred to the local dealer first...

I had a choice of either a white one and a black one too. I traded in my white one and got the black one this time. Black looks real good especially with the chrome they added to the 09's!

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Vehicles depreciate to quickly to buy brand new.....you got what you got because you traded it in.....believe me you did not come out positively financial no mater how you look at it. Plus you payments are $850-$1000mth. Like Eagle said i would wait a couple of years a buy used. I bought my last Tahoe LT3 with 70,000 well documented miles for $23,000 wic i just chalk up as money saved, but if someone did not take that initial hit in the wallet I would not be able to buy used so I thank you.

In contrasting a used (2-3 year old) Yukon vs. a new 2009 Yukon with 0%/72 month financing:

Used is a great buy if you pay cash, but if you're financing, I think the 0% wins out. Current rates for a used vehicle is about 5.5% -6.5% with good credit. Once you add taxes/registration, etc. you're probably in the neighborhood of $27,000. I wouldn't go without an extended warranty if a vehicle had 70,000 miles on it. Add an additional $2500 for an extended warranty and you're sittin' close to $30,000. Your monthly payment is about $570 per month with 60 month financing (zero down) on a 2-3 year old vehicle with 70,000 miles on it (no way I'd go past 60 months for an older vehicle).

A $45,000 brand new 2009 Yukon/Tahoe at 0% interest for 72 months with a supplier discount of $4000 and 8% sales tax (plus ancillary fees such as registration) puts you at roughly $630 per month (we'll call it $42,000 "financed").

Cash flow is virtually the same ($570 vs. $630), but you're starting out with a few hundred miles on the 2009 at best, and a few years of GM/Chevy fixing the known issues with the 2007 models, plus a 3 yr/36,000 mile factory warranty.

Additionally, with 0% financing your payments go DIRECTLY towards principle, not interest. $630 x 12 = $7560. Multiply that by two and you're at $15,120 after year two (total payments). The loan balance on your vehicle after year two is $27,000 (36% principle reduction). If your vehicle has depreciated less than or equal to 36% in 2 years (must factor wear and tear/mileage for actual value), then you're sittin' pretty good. Remember...the guy that waits two years pretty much buys the vehicle you're paying at 0% for the same amount at that point in time ($27,000), but HE'S paying 5.5-6.5% interest per year!

You can either pay for an older vehicle where the depreciation is absorbed by the previous buyer and pay interest (if financed) with an extended warranty or purchase a new 2009 at 0% financing and make payments directly to principle that is somewhat commensurate with depreciation. In my opinion, 0% financing is the way to go. Hard to pass up free money. I'll take the extra 1 year of payments since I'm buying a vehicle that is 2-3 years "newer", and more than likely will have less problems (total interest paid is about $5000...an additional year's payment @ 0% is $7500).

Last edited:

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to love hearing customers say they would pay cash for hte car but that since the rate was so low, they would just finance it. Yeah right, if they had the cash, they'd give it to me. No one wants a car payment.

So, if you really are keeping the car for 6+ years, more power to you. Otherwise, financing a vehicel for that amount of time (especially a GM SUV!!), really is insane.

you obviously didnt listen to your finance teachers or really pay attention to your financial job. why on earth would someone who had the cash, assuming they did, not take the finance? Since they have the cash, more than likely their credit score is good enough to take the 0% (which gm makes you do the 72 months or maybe 60 months). Take the $50K in your pocket and invest in the market or REOs and get 8-12% on your money!

I bought my tahoe with no job and financed for 72 months and have yet to miss a payment or even worry about getting behind! if you are smart with your money you can make things work. I owe about 18k left and could sell my truck right now for about 35K, or thats what dealers around the area are selling them for (only has 18k miles and very clean!). Granted i traded in my last car, got a last year model, and put some cash down along with the rebates, but still im making it work. Most of the people who get under water are the ones who lose the depreciation faster than their payments. for that i do agree with you

But to answer the original question looks like you need to be paying no more than 50K. Finance or no finance, make smart money decisions!

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the free money. My 6.2 4X4 stickered at 62K plus and given the discounts, writing off the sales tax, and 0%, I went for the 72 month deal myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01