What year Yukon 2500...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feel weird posting this here as I did not want to hijack the thread but....I just acquired a 2006 Suburban with the 8.1. I was told that the 6.0 gets only a marginal amount of better fuel economy than the 8.1. The big block offers significantly more torque at the lower rpm range which is what I was looking for. The original plan was to swap in the Quadrasteer and Duramax BUT... I am going with the 11.5" rear instead. I will be towing a little heavy and this will be my daily. I eventually went away from the diesel because it takes many thousands to convert correctly, the fuel price is at minimum .60 higher per gallon over gas and maintenance of a diesel is ridiculously more expensive than a gas engine. If you could find a low mileage, well maintained 2500 Yukon or Suburban....I expect you will have an amazing vehicle that will last for many years to come but try to find one with an 8.1! I got lucky and found one with 80k from a dry no salt state. The plan is to swap in a ZF6 manual and hold onto it for a pretty long time!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Feel weird posting this here as I did not want to hijack the thread but....I just acquired a 2006 Suburban with the 8.1. I was told that the 6.0 gets only a marginal amount of better fuel economy than the 8.1. The big block offers significantly more torque at the lower rpm range which is what I was looking for. The original plan was to swap in the Quadrasteer and Duramax BUT... I am going with the 11.5" rear instead. I will be towing a little heavy and this will be my daily. I eventually went away from the diesel because it takes many thousands to convert correctly, the fuel price is at minimum .60 higher per gallon over gas and maintenance of a diesel is ridiculously more expensive than a gas engine. If you could find a low mileage, well maintained 2500 Yukon or Suburban....I expect you will have an amazing vehicle that will last for many years to come but try to find one with an 8.1! I got lucky and found one with 80k from a dry no salt state. The plan is to swap in a ZF6 manual and hold onto it for a pretty long time!
8.1's are great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st