What year is best if money is an object

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yeah to get a level surface to haul plywood or drywall on a nnbs you have to fold the 3rd and 2nd row seat backs down and use the seat backs as the level surface. Doing this looses you some vertical space

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but @jsoltren has a valid point with the 2nd row seats.

You mean not folding flat? Doesn't bother me. We use ours more for people hauling than as a work truck. When fold flat seats were the new thing in minivans we went and rented a Town and Country and found the seats less comfortable than those in our Montana, especially long trips. Little kids and skinny folks probably won't mind but we sure did! LOL

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean not folding flat? Doesn't bother me. We use ours more for people hauling than as a work truck. When fold flat seats were the new thing in minivans we went and rented a Town and Country and found the seats less comfortable than those in our Montana, especially long trips. Little kids and skinny folks probably won't mind but we sure did! LOL

yes folding flat, but this actually worked out in my favor after I put my drawer in, now is flat just bit elevated so doesn't bother me either.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
yes folding flat, but this actually worked out in my favor after I put my drawer in, now is flat just bit elevated so doesn't bother me either.

That makes good sense. I carry a fair bit of music gear with cases that are 5+' long and LOVE the way my NBS rear bench folds flat.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I should mention, we also have a Honda Odyssey. The payload of the Odyssey is about 1400 lbs - which is about the same as an NBS 1500 truck. Forget about ground clearance - you've usually got about 4-5 inches in an Odyssey, but fully loaded it'll drop about two inches. If you live down a gravel road and need 4x4 to haul drywall in the rain this won't work.

Honda got around the "fold flat seats are less comfortable" issue by just making Row 2 removable. Takes five minutes to get the seats out. The floor is nearly but not perfectly flat so I'd use a base piece of plywood before stacking the drywall.

The minivan - and the trailer for that matter - have a low loading height that is welcome with big stuff. The NNBS just sits taller in the rear, an NNBS 2500 doubly so. The '15 and newer SUVs are even worse in this regard - loading height is something like 38 inches.

I do think the NNBS is just a hair longer but it doesn't help too much.