What would cause keyless entry not to work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulling this out of the center console gave me the same error.

Attachments

• 6466E1F1-4BA4-462D-96D9-36A4B7C8689B.jpeg
    6466E1F1-4BA4-462D-96D9-36A4B7C8689B.jpeg
    755.3 KB · Views: 9

evlwhtman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem solved. Put seat back in to see if that was the issue. While pugging it in I could hear something hitting floor. Looked under carpet and found a wire unplugged. Looks like it goes to an antenna for the keyless stuff. Looks like a little square box. Plugged it back in and all is good. Took seat back out. I must have unplugged it while pulling on the seat plug in. It’s tied in to the same harness.
Man I looked all day for this info, (after removing my third row) Life saver brother. Many thanks my friend.

junkturtle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this valuable info everyone (including the helpful photos). Solved the issue simply re-attaching the 'antenna' under the 3rd row. Thanks again!

jd7515

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Omg! I am so glad people post stuff like this online to search, i had the same problem as you, i have a 2017 gmc yukon slt and i removed the third row seats but didnt have any problems. But a few months later i had the same problem as you. And couldnt figure out what it was until i read this post! Hope it helps others who take out their third row seats. Its very easy to pull that cable out and not know it since its under the carpet and connected to the wire for the third row.
Also side note i took it to the dealer who wanted to replace the door handle and the antenna and said it would cost 1000 dollars to fix. I told them no, i would rather just use the key fob, you would think they would do a better job, this is the third time i found an answer on a forum that has saved me.
So do I have to take the whole 3rd row out to replace it?

jd7515

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this valuable info everyone (including the helpful photos). Solved the issue simply re-attaching the 'antenna' under the 3rd row. Thanks again!
Hey I need to replace mine I have 2015 yukon denali. Is it behind or under the 3rd row?

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Hey I need to replace mine I have 2015 yukon denali. Is it behind or under the 3rd row?

In this generation, the antenna should be located above the rear window on the passenger side. You'll need to remove the plastic interior panel. Check all of the connections to the antenna while you're under there, since there's more than one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods