What the hell is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon, Branden.

You should go introduce yourself in the "Introduction" section and post pics of your rig. Also:

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I had similar problems with my jack equipment. I found this pic in my Tahoe folder from my 03. Hope it helps make it a bit clearer for you.View attachment 251883
Now I need to figure out where this hook goes!View attachment 251884 View attachment 251885
My son borrowed my hoe recently and ran over someone’s receiver hitch on the interstate, which caused a blow out and destroyed the left front tire. I then had to buy 2 new Michelins since the tread was about 1/2 worn. An unexpected $600 expense.

The tire store didn’t reinstall the spare correctly so I had to retrieve the jack tools from the tire tool storage bag. Getting everything back in that tiny space was a PITA. My son told me that the tool bag must go in first, then the jack. That worked!

Tony, the curved wire with threads on one end is the retainer that holds the chocks onto the body of the jack. There is a large plastic nut that screws onto it after you put it thru the hole in the chock to hold it to the jack. To install it, the jack must be installed correctly first.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My son borrowed my hoe recently and ran over someone’s receiver hitch on the interstate, which caused a blow out and destroyed the left front tire. I then had to buy 2 new Michelins since the tread was about 1/2 worn. An unexpected $600 expense.

The tire store didn’t reinstall the spare correctly so I had to retrieve the jack tools from the tire tool storage bag. Getting everything back in that tiny space was a PITA. My son told me that the tool bag must go in first, then the jack. That worked!

Tony, the curved wire with threads on one end is the retainer that holds the chocks onto the body of the jack. There is a large plastic nut that screws onto it after you put it thru the hole in the chock to hold it to the jack. To install it, the jack must be installed correctly first.
Thx for the info. Do you have a pic of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts