What Style Of Intake To Go With?

What Intake Setup To Go With?

• Leave it stock, just drive it, don't touch anything!!!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Stock with a Drop In AEM Dry Filter & open up the opening in the Airbox against the Fender

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Airaid JR & AEM Dry Drop In Filter & open up the opening in the Airbox against the Fender

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • AFE Momentum GT Pro Full Intake

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant. Along with exhaust, Magnaflow. Not real happy with the drone I get from it though. Didn't have any drone with a Flowmaster on my Silverado but as everyone should now, "Flow" is not really good on a Flowmaster....View attachment 205615

Really, drone from a Magnaflow system? And worse than Rustmasters? In my racing days we used 2-chamber Flowmasters and they droned us crazy until I got a 70 or 80 series crossflow and hung it behind the axle and away from underneath the cab, no more drone and handled all the horsepower.

I've been thinking about a Magnaflow but haven't found any good sound clips to convince me yet. Corsa and Borla sound great though.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've mentioned it somewhere else too but, I'll say it again- I also wrapped my air intake tube with header wrap. Just to further insulate it from engine bay heat.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go back to the 70’s with cherry bombs if want drone noise. But it was a good drone behind a big block!

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same SUV, except a 17, I've used S&B before and will likely order one.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.......went to the afe Power Momentum GT (51-74104) with dry filter. It gave MUCH more audible feedback for a much throatier sound across the throttle range. It does have a plug to make it somewhat quieter but not a ton. It def gave a peppier feel for the throttle. Blackbear did an intake dyno test and this intake seemed to be the best. I love it but its loud.

this. I'm very happy with the afe and the bb tune. about time to add headers and exhaust

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recorded my truck for you. Well not intentionally....I intentionally lowered the radio so you could hear the engine. hehe. Hope this helps. You may have to turn the volume up.

EDIT: OK nevermind. The video I tried to upload is too large. I shrunk it down from 100MB to 17 MB and its still too large to upload...AND the quality is so degraded the engine noise is distorted.

Edit#2:

Last edited:

94Pro-5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Banks Ram Air on my 15 Yukon Denali, and had the identical intake on my 15 Sierra Denali 6.2. It is loud! I love it though and get compliments all the time. You can hear it very well from outside as well.

Here is a video from when it was on my Sierra. Sounds the same on my Yukon. Only difference is my Sierra was an 8 speed and my Yukon is a 6 speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins