What shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again.

I have the 4x4 SLT 1999 Yukon.

I see many people putting on B6 Bilsteins on their 93 to 99 yukon.

This is what I have currently and they are very rough riding. I am looking for a nice ride. Not rough as these appear to be.

I was looking as KYB Excel-G

Any suggestions or comments?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The reviews for the Excel-Gs are not good. I have no comment on your application, but I would suggest looking at the Gas-A-Just KYBs, if you're looking into that brand.

I have Gas-A-Justs on the front of my '04 and am happy with them but yours would probably be different.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 99 Tahoe LT 4X4 a while back. When I got it, Oct 2000, it would porpoise at high speed and every bump seemed to be major, no matter how small. So I took it to my local Maui Off-Road center and got shocks. I believe they were Heavy Duty Thompsons and I had them on her up to the day I sold her...16 years later. So I would say go to your local 4 wheel shop and seek their advice. Maui Off Road made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and most shops don't make, and that's if I don't like the ride bring her back and you can try another set. I tried 3 sets and finally bought the Thompsons. Nice, smooth ride, not to stiff and the reaction to potholes was superior. I barely felt them and it never porpoised again. Hope that helps. Aloha!

OP
OP
T

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It turns out the bushing on my Bilstein shock drivers side is shot and hence why the remaining vibration. So annoying. I am going to go with Bilstein as well.

OP
OP
T

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reviews for the Excel-Gs are not good. I have no comment on your application, but I would suggest looking at the Gas-A-Just KYBs, if you're looking into that brand.

I have Gas-A-Justs on the front of my '04 and am happy with them but yours would probably be different.

The gas - a - just are great. Thanks for the advice. I installed them and like them as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC