What oil for 6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAgency

Reaction score
I dropped the factory oil myself at 1,000mi and replaced with Mobil1 EP and the OEM Delco filter. Changed it again at 3,000mi, this time with AmsOil Signature and a Mobil1 Filter— most interestingly, the 6.2L runs noticeably smoother at idle. It was sudden and my wife even noticed. I understand I didn't control my variables, and also couldn't get AmsOil filter at the time, but the ultimate effect was pronounced and it never ran poorly to begin with.

There are some online with far more knowledge and experience than I, that would call out the difference between the Delco filter with and without the "e" designation in the part number, standing for "e-core" which is apparently inferior. (I'm just someone that enjoys perfection and learning. After years of dealership oil changes, I grew tired of the lowest-paid tech working on my truck, not being careful, being in a hurry, over-torquing my lugs and filter, spilling on the frame, etc.)

If you're looking for a fun experience, if you're into data, send a sample of your oil to Blackstone Labs. It's more a learning process than anything, but it's still cool.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe