What Oil Filter Brand Do You Swear By?

What Oil Filter Brand Do You Swear By?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

Reaction score
My own research shows that K&N is superior numbers wise to Wix, M1, Fram and ACDelco. The oil pressure is higher on my motor running the K&N compared with the M1 EP filter and the K&N filters down further particles wise, 10 microns compared to 30.

You won't hurt your engine by running ANY of them. We run the K&N because we like the 1" nut welded to the bottom for removal, helps my daughters and I when changing the oil.

The higher quality filters may have less paper fibers clog up the screen under the oil pressure sensor over time which can affect the AFM system.

That's because the K&N (and various other synthetic filters) begins to restrict flow with any heavier viscosity than 0-20.........

TheEnder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
(*******) Fram Ultra Synthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run delcos on my GMs and the seem to do well.
On my old 302 ford I run Mortorcraft, it has nearly 300k on it and I've tried different filters over the years and the FL1A motorcraft has the highest initial pressure and stays higher longer over the oil change intervals. I kinda wish I could find one for the 5.3s so i could test how they do on a GM.
The tahoe does 30ish hot idle and 50 on the highway at 130k and the Silverado is 20ish hot idle and 30ish at speed with 400k. Both with the recommended delco filters. Wix doesnt do either of those pressures. And I wont run frams I've had cans split and filters collapsed on my vehicles over the years.