What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe Z71
It runs and drives like a champ but sometimes while idling it will cut off but I can crank it right back up...only 2 codes Im getting is for evap solenoid and o2 sensors, but while looking under my truck for the solenoid I found that I have a couple of chopped lines but I dont know what they are...any help? Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20210416-130451.png

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. I have a 2005 Z71 too. Post pics please. I also agree with @89Suburban.

I had a bank 1 sensor 2 code and had a bad oxygen sensor. Did all 4 sensors and runs like a top.

Mileage?

OP
OP
M

Mikkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. I have a 2005 Z71 too. Post pics please. I also agree with @89Suburban.

I had a bank 1 sensor 2 code and had a bad oxygen sensor. Did all 4 sensors and runs like a top.

Mileage?

275xxx miles on her and yea those codes popped up today as well as the p0449, no wonder it came back up...looking deeper into the issue it seems like I may need a fuel pump too smh

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like someone cut the two lines instead of just disconnecting them, you might be able to patch them back together

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
M

Mikkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Problem solved ❗ it was the fuel pump as I thought, those hoses all went to the evap canister so I grabbed some off another truck and attached em, she runs like a champ now

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Problem solved ❗ it was the fuel pump as I thought, those hoses all went to the evap canister so I grabbed some off another truck and attached em, she runs like a champ now

I will see the pics but this statement is confusing to me. How was it determined that it is a fuel pump problem? The fuel pump is not what is missing in that pic. You said you got a used evap cannister and installed it where the hoses were in the pic, right? Then you said it runs like a champ. Now you say it has a bad fuel pump. Sorry, but I am confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins