What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
My ‘92 Suburban K2500 has one ... might have to try to remember to misplace it before it retires. I actually think I picked up a spare I never installed into the ‘02 Tahoe ... sounds like both truck may get them

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go!
Just as a point of reference...My 1999 Tahoe LT 4WD 5.7L didn't have one, but there was a small aluminum cup-like light (bulb was a little bigger than the brake light bulb) lighting device riveted just a little bit above the bottom of the hood. It didn't put out much light, but it did create terrible shadows. I ended up purchasing a 10K candle power hand held light, which ran off the trucks lighter recepticle, to do the job. I still have the light and use it on my 2012 Yukon SLE 5.3 on occasion.

I also bought several of the PartsMaster Vision Pro Constant Current Cyclops Magnetic base Worklight (Item No. 800-0-1220). It's brighter than all get out! Don't even look at it or it will temporarily blind you. It has two light settings and it lights up a large area easily. I have two at work and 3 at home. The ones at home light up the entire backyard (1), the entire patio area or as we call it "Da Lanai" (1) and the other takes care of my rather large shed where we store seasonal patio furniture, a few of my tool boxes, other various implements of destruction and pool paraphenalia. And since they're magnetic based I just pull them off and move them and use them where I need them...then put them back when I'm done. And they are rechargeable and hold the charge for quite a long time. And they're easily recharged. They come in very handy.

P.S. PartsMaster also has a Multi Function Flex-Clip Base for the magnetic light ((800-0-1222) which works pretty good. It's like a 7" extention. I have one at work which is on my 10 ton vise which is right next to my belt sander. It comes in handy as it really lights up the item being worked on. And for an old guy like me...every little bit helps! Aloha!!

Remember your Safety Glasses!! Safety First!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan