What is this Port / Line called?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkhollow55

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a little problem with the '99 Tahoe. The upper intake manhifoild blew up. I'm in the process of changing out / upgrading the injectors, upper intake manifold, connectors, etc. When the upper manifold blew, it took out what I thought was a vacuum line but has a green evap service port on it. The line is in about 5 pieces so I need to find a replacment. What is this line called and could I replace it with silicone vacuum tube?

Evap Service Port.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. It is part of the evap system and sometimes it is just best to replace all evap lines at the same time.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine cracked probably ten years ago, I spliced it with some fuel hose and haven’t had an issue since. Pretty sure it’s sending gasoline vapors from the charcoal canister to the intake for burning.

A dealer could probably ID the part number for it, but it’s likely discontinued and going to be a salvage yard item.

d87aae9ac6b86e31da9d8f0969c2313f.jpg

Edit: it looks like GM part number 12561901

b9a5d8f53b6f4a640f2b36e1aca8fc92.png
53acb6808511593217b05b9d8da28fe7.jpg

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I checked thatnumber at RA and Amazon and none show up. I tried to cross at Dorman, no luck.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a little problem with the '99 Tahoe. The upper intake manhifoild blew up. I'm in the process of changing out / upgrading the injectors, upper intake manifold, connectors, etc. When the upper manifold blew, it took out what I thought was a vacuum line but has a green evap service port on it. The line is in about 5 pieces so I need to find a replacment. What is this line called and could I replace it with silicone vacuum tube?

View attachment 255647

If you don't need to pass emissions, just yank the rest of it off and throw it away.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need to repair/replace sections, try using nylon air brake/fuel line 5/16 id. and Bundy connectors. Gently heat gun for curves/bends and after installing bundys. Good to 150 psi or better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons