What is the best way to seal aftermarket head lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone tells me I am crazy because I want to lower my 4x4 tahoe but if I do a 2/4 drop in the rear or something there abouts it should still have plenty of ground clearance.

davidavidd

Reaction score
Hello, butyl sealant tape this is the best sealing method I have found so far. However, keep in mind that all lights must have a breathing hole for condensation to escape through, usually a circular hole covered with a black membrane. There are NO vacuum sealed lamps o_O

Product:

To seal the lamps you need the butyl tape and a heat gun (or a hair dryer as a homemade solution). The tape softens like putty, you seal the lamp, and then the butyl hardens again. To open the headlights, repeat the process in reverse.

PS: Use gloves, is a very difficult material to remove from your fingers and nails.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, butyl sealant tape this is the best sealing method I have found so far. However, keep in mind that all lights must have a breathing hole for condensation to escape through, usually a circular hole covered with a black membrane. There are NO vacuum sealed lamps o_O

Product:

To seal the lamps you need the butyl tape and a heat gun (or a hair dryer as a homemade solution). The tape softens like putty, you seal the lamp, and then the butyl hardens again. To open the headlights, repeat the process in reverse.

PS: Use gloves, is a very difficult material to remove from your fingers and nails.
Thanks for the good advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14