What is the best 22 inch tire??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying 22 rims an a new set of tires I'm trying to find a tire that is good for all weather an is smooth on the highway figured 1 of u guys would know the answer since basically everyone on here has 20 or 22 inch rims

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto nt420s here...love them. Great grip, low noise, good ride, & I've been super pleased with them in the rain. They are directional. I'm very happy with them.

Cameron

Last edited:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Bridestone Alenzas rode good and they balanced good with very little weight but they were HORRIBLE in wet weather. I bought my 07 with 20k miles on it so they still had alot of tread and if that Tahoe didn't have Traction Control it would have been wrecked every time it rained. And that is whether me or my wife drove it and she isn't a crazy driver.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nankang. Good ride, good milage, bi-directional, no road noise, and cheap.

I'm running 305/40/22s on a 22x9.5" rim.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running Bridgestone dueler alenzas too, haven't had any problems yet in the 2 years I've had em on. Ride is great and they are really quiet on the highway, show very very minimal wear too. Not the cheapest tires to run but not the most expensive either.

285/45/22

TailHook

Tattooed Millionaire
Reaction score
I'm running Goodyear Fortera SL Editions's...great traction, very smooth ride and long wearing. They are rated for 50K miles and based on my current wear, I'll get all of that out of them...they have directional tread, but not a big deal to me. Dry, wet, snow...no issues.

Had some Toyo Proxes prior to these that sucked after about 15K...horrible ride, grabbed EVERY road seam...night and day difference with the Goodyears...

Last edited:
OP
OP
06xl

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas anyone have any input on kumho ecsta stx??? An those anyone leave there 22's on year round because I want to purchase a set of all black rims so I want have to change them in the winter even though I live in MD an we don't see that much snow in the winter

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my next set of 305/45/r22 will be cooper zeon ltz, the have great wet/dry traction in a nice all terrain. look awesome to

http://www.coopertire.com/html/products/tires_lighttruck.aspx?page=zeon_ltz

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Thanks fellas anyone have any input on kumho ecsta stx??? An those anyone leave there 22's on year round because I want to purchase a set of all black rims so I want have to change them in the winter even though I live in MD an we don't see that much snow in the winter

i have the kuhmo ecsta on right now, the wear on them is not great and they dont feel to stable if theres alot of water on the ground, kinda like it want to hydroplane

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Never owned Kumho's but of the 2 people I know that have them, one on chevy cobalt and the other on a '07 Nissan maxima (my mother's). The guy with the cobalt doesnt mind them, doesn't love them but they were the right price. The handful of times I've driven my mothers maxima since those tires were put on I haven't been overly impressed. Handling seems slightly worse and over maybe 60mph it starts to kind of shake a bit which it didn't do before . She's a mom tho so she doesn't care about performance too much but I think she wants to get something that don't shake after 60.

I leave my 22's on yr round, havent had any problems with driving through any wintery conditions. we just got about 15" of snow last night/ this morning and still no problems driving 40 miles in blizzard conditions early this morning. Just need a decent all season tire with some good rubber and you should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3