What is my color??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really confused. Trying to get some touch up paint for my truck. Searching around google and google images has led me to believe my color is called "Garnet Red Metallic" and is fairly common across GM. However, the RPO color code from the sticker in the glovebox is 526F which is apparently "Redfire Metallic" and seems to be way less common. I know I've seen plenty of Denalis with this same color of "red". So what the hell is it??

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm really confused. Trying to get some touch up paint for my truck. Searching around google and google images has led me to believe my color is called "Garnet Red Metallic" and is fairly common across GM. However, the RPO color code from the sticker in the glovebox is 526F which is apparently "Redfire Metallic" and seems to be way less common. I know I've seen plenty of Denalis with this same color of "red". So what the hell is it??
If the glovebox is original to your truck then that's what it is. I'm sure if the 2 different colors were next to each other, you'd be able to see the slight color differences. Also--the formulas are slightly different--which changes the color, even slightly.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That code is Redfire Metallic. Many places will give it their own spin. I have seen various dealers list the same color with different names. Match the year and the paint code and you should be fine. Just get it from a reputable supplier so you have a snowballs chance of it matching.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That code is Redfire Metallic. Many places will give it their own spin. I have seen various dealers list the same color with different names. Match the year and the paint code and you should be fine. Just get it from a reputable supplier so you have a snowballs chance of it matching.
They also use a paint chip book--if they needed to.

Antdogbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines is the same color now I am confused lol

Hobert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same Paint but there is a name change between the Chevy and GM colors. On my 2019 Suburban I have
G1E - SIREN RED TINTCOAT

The 2019 Yukon same color is called G1E - Crimson Red Tintcoat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy