What is low miles for a 2006 Yukon Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want one so bad but good things come to those that wait. Just keep me focused ladies and gents. :)

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
The right truck for you is out there! Keep searching. And like others have said don’t be afraid to expand your search. I got lucky and only ended up having to go about two hours from home down into Orange County cal, to buy mine, but I expanded my dear north to Fresno, Eastish to Vegas and I also looked at some online as far out as Phoenix/Glendale Az and there were some good deals on clean trucks further out. So it might be worth looking a little further out and traveling to find the right one.

Leardriver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Miles are miles, no matter what leisurely rate they are acquired. The concept of low miles for the year is a car salesmen tactic. When a vehicle has 150K on it, it is tired and waiting to hurt you. It just so happens that the Chevy drivetrain has been pretty good at lasting a long time, but a vehicle with 150K isn't worth hardly anything except to you as transportation.

The reply above from Eddylo714 with 110K for $4500 sounds about right.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Miles are miles, no matter what leisurely rate they are acquired. The concept of low miles for the year is a car salesmen tactic. When a vehicle has 150K on it, it is tired and waiting to hurt you. It just so happens that the Chevy drivetrain has been pretty good at lasting a long time, but a vehicle with 150K isn't worth hardly anything except to you as transportation.

Well that’s a positive and encouraging comment for the OP.... :confused:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I may have to disagree with your philosophy of anything over 150K on the odometer as being worthless. Many guys here are buying vehicles with that or more on the clock. I recently got $4000 trade in for a 2007 Denali XL with 300K on the clock and that was after I negotiated a cash purchase on the replacement vehicle.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I may have to disagree with your philosophy of anything over 150K on the odometer as being worthless. Many guys here are buying vehicles with that or more on the clock.

I agree, I have 178k miles on my suv and it runs like new. I've done all the maintenance myself. Its not for sale nor will be anytime soon but if I sold it today, the new owner would get a heck of a deal. I've seen these suvs go up to 300k miles with no major repairs.

Reaction score

I'm over 235k on my 06' and she purrs. Transmission was rebuilt, but other then that it's been low cost fixes for me and many I know who own these share the same sentiment if maintained. These NBS trucks are another beast compared with most vehicles on the road IMO.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm over 235k on my 06' and she purrs. Transmission was rebuilt, but other then that it's been low cost fixes for me and many I know who own these share the same sentiment if maintained. These NBS trucks are another beast compared with most vehicles on the road IMO.
This right here!! Agree 100%! Also, love the screen name! Haha

3Dog

Reaction score
So the second one, the black one. I ran a Vin check and it was in a minor accident. He said the insurance company totaled out the vehicle and he did the repairs. This is a pic. Stated no frame damage. Just bumper and hood. VIN check shows no salvage or junked vehicle and he said the title is clean . Here is a pic. You can't even tell there was damage

Do I use that as a negotiations point or move on?
770d4acb5de6725990ad690bbb5c1da9.jpg145949190b218d32aef1ce4fbadab5d5.jpg

I would take hard pass on this one at 9k. Maybe at half the price at best. Did the airbags deploy on that hit? There are better, no story examples out there for 9k or better.

OP
OP
S

Stimpy911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take hard pass on this one at 9k. Maybe at half the price at best. Did the airbags deploy on that hit? There are better, no story examples out there for 9k or better.
I passed on it