What Happens To My 2022 On-Order Yukon If I Don't Get It By December?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten verification from GM that you are at 2000 status? Cause to me, that sounds like you are at 1100 which means waiting on allocations....

If you're at status 2000 (order accepted by GM) I would think your build is locked in.
I gave my order number to GM chat twice, both confirmed it is at 2000, but there are options keeping it from moving to 3000. One said no diesel available, the other just said I had options that GM does not have parts for. Maybe I need to see if 3rd time is a charm?

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
What does the chat specifically say when you ask for a status update ?

From my understanding, the dealer shouldn't be getting an allocation for those constraint options if GM is unable to fulfill the order, which would prevent it from moving to 2000. Have you asked your dealer when the TPW is?

Somethin seems very off, if you have been at 2000 for "months".

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there's a limit to how long you can be at 2000. However, my understanding is that once GM accepts the order your vehicle will be built as accepted, i.e. model year, price, optons, etc. I'm guessing there are limitations, such as the diesel engine plant blowing up or something, but within reason you should receive your vehicle.

I believe status 3000 is when the parts are available and ready for production scheduling and 3300 is when you will receive a target production week (TPW).

Sassamasquach

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a 21’ in august last year. Ended up getting a 22’ last month once it was finally delivered.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the chat specifically say when you ask for a status update ?

From my understanding, the dealer shouldn't be getting an allocation for those constraint options if GM is unable to fulfill the order, which would prevent it from moving to 2000. Have you asked your dealer when the TPW is?

Somethin seems very off, if you have been at 2000 for "months".
This is the exact wording, I just asked #3 lol. "I checked your vehicle order status and it shows that your vehicle order has been accepted by GMC (Status Code 2000) and is working toward the production process. Please keep in touch with your GMC Dealer for updates". That is the normal response. I will then ask if there is a TPW, I received this. "Due to parts availability your order has not been scheduled for a production date at this time. You may want to check with your salesperson and see if there are options that are not available for production that can me removed or substituted".
That is what chat gives me every time. At least they are nice about it.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I "claimed" a stock order in mid February...it was already at 3000 when i claimed it...TPW was 3/14, then it moved to 3/28, then 4/18, and lastly to 5/9 I quit following after I found out that the owner had promised it to someone else and I was just SOL. thankfully we had also an order at a different dealer....

say that because it can definitely sit for a while even after being accepted

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I "claimed" a stock order in mid February...it was already at 3000 when i claimed it...TPW was 3/14, then it moved to 3/28, then 4/18, and lastly to 5/9 I quit following after I found out that the owner had promised it to someone else and I was just SOL. thankfully we had also an order at a different dealer....

say that because it can definitely sit for a while even after being accepted
Do you know if it ever hit 3100 status?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know if it ever hit 3100 status?

no - the whole deal soured our relationship with them, I stopped by one morning to confirm everything was on track and asked if I needed to sign anything to make sure the Tahoe was ours and the owner shrugged it off and said "we're good - no worries"...he called me a couple hours later and said that when he went to change it in the system he had their inventory guy tell him that it was promised to someone else. When I asked how we were going to resolve it he simply said he didn't have anything else he could offer.

just checked their website and they have one on the way but it's a different one

they ordered four RSTs at the same time and received one about a month ago, another is listed as in transit and the other two are MIA...they were all identically equipped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout