What Happens To My 2022 On-Order Yukon If I Don't Get It By December?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARCTRUST

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So out of curiosity..... what happens to my Yukon if it still doesn't come in by the time the new model year is produced?
I'm waiting since October.... so does my dealer offer me a 2023? Offer a 2022 at discount? Cancel my order?
Thank you to anyone who might have any idea.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Dealer should roll your order to a '23 and keep your same "place in line" as it was for the '22 for allocation purposes.

brynie3140

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What the previous poster wrote. And as a FYI, MY23 will start being produced and delivered long before December. The auto industry doesn’t use a typical calendar year for their production cycles.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
note that the current production year had 2021s being produced/shipped into February of 2022...granted that's not typical

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what happens if you won't budge on the constraints already listed for the beginning of the 23 MY? For what we are paying we won't compromise on options. Surprised GM is introducing a higher trim, yet can't support what they have on order already.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@UsualSuspect if you keep waiting for all your options, and your dealer doesn't get allocations for it.... then your order will never get picked up and your order just sits on the waiting list at 1100 status. Seems pretty straight forward?

Cryptocap

Reaction score
Anyone know what happens if you won't budge on the constraints already listed for the beginning of the 23 MY? For what we are paying we won't compromise on options. Surprised GM is introducing a higher trim, yet can't support what they have on order already.
You should order it with every option you want. The constraints fluctuate quite a bit. For MY22, the power sliding console was available, then on constraint, then cancelled for the rest of the year, then brought back. So who knows what will change in a few months.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@UsualSuspect if you keep waiting for all your options, and your dealer doesn't get allocations for it.... then your order will never get picked up and your order just sits on the waiting list at 1100 status. Seems pretty straight forward?
It is sitting at 2000 status, has been for months. According to the dealer there is a constraint on LM2's, so it sits waiting. He said if I need it quickly I should remove the LM2 and Max Trailer, which would mean I would loose the Reserve Package. With what they want for one, I am not willing to compromise on options.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Have you gotten verification from GM that you are at 2000 status? Cause to me, that sounds like you are at 1100 which means waiting on allocations....

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're at status 2000 (order accepted by GM) I would think your build is locked in.