What happened to TOTQ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see 2019 was the last time a TOTQ was done. I feel ripped off I want in on the action, the Covid seems to have brought more people back to forums can we try this again?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We stopped doing it at the end of 2019 due to lack of interest from the membership.

The last year we had it the only reason people participated was because of cash prizes, before that participation and interest had dropped off to levels that didn't warrant keeping it, and the same reason is why we didn't try to revive it after funding for prizes was no longer available.

This is the first time anyone has brought it up since we stopped doing it, which is pretty telling.

As much as we'd love to resurrect it, it's very unlikely to happen as there simply isn't any reason to believe that it will go any different if we were to ... without money as a carrot members would engage in it in the short term and quickly lose interest the same way they always have.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We stopped doing it at the end of 2019 due to lack of interest from the membership.

The last year we had it the only reason people participated was because of cash prizes, before that participation and interest had dropped off to levels that didn't warrant keeping it, and the same reason is why we didn't try to revive it after funding for prizes was no longer available.

This is the first time anyone has brought it up since we stopped doing it, which is pretty telling.

As much as we'd love to resurrect it, it's very unlikely to happen as there simply isn't any reason to believe that it will go any different if we were to ... without money as a carrot members would engage in it in the short term and quickly lose interest the same way they always have.

More 2020 doom and gloom :bawl:

I totally get it though just sad. Never knew there were even cash prizes.

Hard to argue with that:D But I think there are plenty of other great builds going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094