What else to do for body roll?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

svtthis

Reaction score
What super charger are you going with? I have a Magnusson and love it but leaning strongly toward a Torqstorm for my Tahoe. I feel with the dedicated 8rib drive, self contained oil system and all billit design its by far the best value out there. But they are somewhat limited to about 700hp which is more than my daily driver needs.

Initially I was looking at them but the 3-4 week lead time kinda turned me off. Plus I found this kit that has more in it and I don't piece together anything

Screenshot_20200417-191011_Browser.jpg

OP
OP
S

svtthis

Reaction score
Basically that's the last piece of the puzzle. I currently run a big cam that turns a lot of heads but this will be over the top. Oh and 4.56 gears to replace the 4.11's I have now

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow didn't know the vortex kit came with piping. I've heard hit and miss stuff about those kits but for the price I'd give it a try. I paid more than that for my used magnusson.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to chime in...... ( without offending )......
I read about all these parts to enhance the handling on a large SUV......good stuff!!

I have worked at a High Performance Driving School..... And, one of the most adjustable components is the driver. ( In short)..... DRIVING TECHNIQUES... Smooth transitions.... Slow down your steering, by turning a bit sooner into a turn..... Avoid (what is called), "weight transfer"...../ body roll due to driver..
Imagine having all 4 tires ( "tire patches" )... All 4 at the same pressure on the ground all the time.

SMOOTH out the transition , left to right, as you steer. Ease on the brake peddle....

My boss could drive our school- Ford Econoline van, verses a student in a sports car, on a road course, and pass the driver!!
And my boss's pet dog would be sitting on the passenger seat!!!!
( Granted, our van had "Quicker" brand Suspension", .. but you get the idea.... smooth....

(( The road course was not an easy drive.... Sonoma Raceway ))

OP
OP
S

svtthis

Reaction score
I'm thinking about painting the grey in between the chrome inserts on the wheels the same white diamond of the truck but unsure if it would look good.

Other than that installed a eaton truetrac posi unit along with 4.56 gears to compensate for the larger rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy