What does your oil pressure run at? Cold vs. fully up to temp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stagrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I filed a Product Safety complaint with Amazon today. This kind of crap is going to kill someone.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is so much counterfeit junk out there these days. I bought injectors for mine on Rock Auto listed as "wholesale closeout" which I have bought before and seemed real but I got them and they just didn't look quite right. So I returned them, lost shipping both ways (which I don't agree with), and paid over $100 more to order real ones.

I'm always looking for 41-985s, the Chicoms did not counterfeit those!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish... saved nothing (paid full price) and got $4,500 worth of damage. Ordered a long list of parts for 200k mile service. All fluids/filters/injectors/sensors.... Missed that the plugs came from Amazon Marketplace vendor, not Amazon. It snuck in under Prime shipping making it harder to catch. Some AHole made 20 bucks or so and gave me a huge mess to clean up.

Sorry to hear that. But, I'm a fan of a 200K mile service! :D

HughW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My daughter has a 2013 Tahoe that had red oil light warning and at point I saw it, it was running about 18psi I noticed the oil was badly in need of a change , it was black so I changed oil and filter with 5w30 full synthetic, then it was running 23 psi with warm engine, but I took it to shop to replace oil sender sensor, but they thought it was not a problem, so they did a test ovrfilling engine and lifting car to see if O ring on pick-up tube was bad and determined it was ok...So they could not give a reason this happened except maybe cam bearings. It has no oil pressure issue since then but did have a yellow check engine light and a steering wheel sensor and angle sensor warning and those skidding zigzag lights ... I pulled the steering wheel and replaced the sensor, hoping to at least get rid of that warning... Well it totally cleared the dash of all warnings and light alerts. Dont know if this can be related to your problem but just telling my story

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505