What does it mean when your order hits Chevy's inventory and your dealer's website?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically the thread title. I got my VIN last week but with all the tracking sites/services down, I'm in the dark on when it'll be shipped/delivered.

With my VIN I was able to find my car in Chevy's and my dealer's website inventory. Both saying "In Transit". My window sticker is also generated.

Did I get lucky and dodge Midlothian? Or does it mean nothing.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally you're in better shape than most.

The great majority of us stuck in that lot don't have window stickers, ETA's in VINVIEW, showing up on the inventory site, etc.

Best option is to call your dealer and ask them to screen shot the VINVIEW which should show GPS location and an ETA along with event codes.

Crash51730

Reaction score
That is what happened with mine and it was actually on my dealers lot by the time I saw it. From build time to lot was pretty quick in my case.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our tahoe popped on the dealer's website the day it was built...

the next day the window sticker generated/was available

the "in transit" is just a placeholder as it's not really in transit...ours sat at Midlothian for almost a month before shipping via truck and showing up a day later after we were informed it had shipped (we are only about 5hrs from Dallas)

OP
OP
Capsaicin

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our tahoe popped on the dealer's website the day it was built...

the next day the window sticker generated/was available

the "in transit" is just a placeholder as it's not really in transit...ours sat at Midlothian for almost a month before shipping via truck and showing up a day later after we were informed it had shipped (we are only about 5hrs from Dallas)
Thanks, this is good info.

luckylou

Reaction score
Mine is built and waiting on one vehicle to be loaded before it is shipped. I-800 said the transport is going to the dealer. It does not show up on the dealers web site although it was built as of last week. However, there is an LS on the web site that it says is in transit due to arrive 6/3. Could be on the same truck as mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos