what do i sacrifice when i crank up my keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not everyone. Mine are set in the same place they were from the factory. You do not need to crank the keys...unless you want more lift.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
im willing to bet they are cranked more than stock...even just a little. for the fact that that have to come off for a suspension lift and you have to get an alignment afterwards...i have a solid inch and a half to two inches over stock torsion crank with NO problems at all. 120k miles on original tierods and ball joints

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We marked them before we took them off so they are about as stock a setting as can be with removing them. But I see what you are saying. Keep in mind I run a DC 6.5" lift which is a true 6.5" lift with no crank. Most other kits require a crank to get to the height they advertise.

newmarketeod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine cranked 2 inches (RCX 6 inch lift, wich is just a 4 inch drop bracket that you have to crank your T-bars) for two years with no issue. When I had the front end apart I replaced all balljoints and tierods and just had it realigned and no signs of loosening. It will wear faster than usual but it isn't super fast like it may come across.

And as for the rougher ride, its a lifted full size vehicle, suck it up sally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9