What did you guys install in place of factory tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m 3 weeks into my 15 yukon and driver side tail light is malfunctioning.... I’m torn between using one of them companies to repair the light seeing as I’ll be out of a tail light for possible a week... possibly aftermarket replacements. Or fighting with GM which is the most stressful option (my yukon wasn’t CPO and they’re saying the special warranty ended this past May)

anyway. What options did you guys choose? Pics?

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that there is a technician at my local dealership that fixes them on the side. Might want to see if there are any around you that do it on the side.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’m 3 weeks into my 15 yukon and driver side tail light is malfunctioning.... I’m torn between using one of them companies to repair the light seeing as I’ll be out of a tail light for possible a week... possibly aftermarket replacements. Or fighting with GM which is the most stressful option (my yukon wasn’t CPO and they’re saying the special warranty ended this past May)

anyway. What options did you guys choose? Pics?
just take it apart and fix it yourself, check youtube for how-to video's

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just take it apart and fix it yourself, check youtube for how-to video's

I’ve looked at a few of these videos. What I’m unsure about is there only 1 area where the crack occurs or if I patch the area. Will another section of the board break?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve looked at a few of these videos. What I’m unsure about is there only 1 area where the crack occurs or if I patch the area. Will another section of the board break?
I guess closer inspection after it is apart would be needed, also there has been a recall on those lights and people have been reimbursed for having them replaced, might want to check with your dealer for more details I think you just have to drive there and shown them it's not working.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess closer inspection after it is apart would be needed, also there has been a recall on those lights and people have been reimbursed for having them replaced, might want to check with your dealer for more details I think you just have to drive there and shown them it's not working.

Yeah on a normal day I would take it there and give them shit about about it. But my daughter is expected to be discharged from the NICU this weekend and I just found out about the tail light last night because someone actually waved me down to tell me. (I’m not asking for a pity party. Just bad timing). I want it resolved quickly

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah on a normal day I would take it there and give them shit about about it. But my daughter is expected to be discharged from the NICU this weekend and I just found out about the tail light last night because someone actually waved me down to tell me. (I’m not asking for a pity party. Just bad timing). I want it resolved quickly
fixing it yourself might be the fastest cheapest method then, unless you want to fork out the money for a new aftermarket one or new one from the dealer parts department, not sure how fast they move on a recall replacement I was just noting that they did finally do something about them since there have been so many failures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2