What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
It is possible you will have to attach the new one in the same fashion.
You could hsve a look on YouTube.
Someone will have recorded changing 1 im sure.
Same fashion. I did that today from a donor door panel but the sweep was so old, it just pulled through. Oh well Rock Auto the rescue.

Just replaced my MB Qartz with Skar speakers up front. Holy crap. Those things are insane.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone replace their interior window scraper/sealing strip? Mine gave up. I found a Dorman one but not sure how it attaches since the original is stapled onto the door panel.
Yep, you just restaple it. You can try to salvage the existing staples, punch holes in the new one and feed the staples through.

Edit: oops, looks like you already sorted it out.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the last couple of hours wasting oil trying to get the coolant out of the pan (1998 K1500). It’s my son’s truck and I just replaced both heads which were cracked and hydro locked the engine.

Short of dropping the pan (and front differential), will pouring enough cheap oil through this eventually get the coolant out? I haven’t tried to start it yet.

A57FDBE2-248E-4B73-8EC9-667FD1352BBC.jpeg
91458469-80F9-49B7-9E44-41061080E41F.jpeg

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per Google, $8 Canadian is about $6 for those of us south of the border.

Damn.

It’s around $3.80 here (Mississippi) which isn’t great but it varies by each state’s tax structure and a bit of voodoo tossed in for good measure. Those guys in California probably pay the most, comparable to you.
When I bought my GT in ‘97, gas was .50 cents a litre. Then a couple years later, all the service stations had “gas wars” pricing. I would fill my tank for 40 bucks, pop in a CD, pick up all my buddies and go cruising! Gas hit $2.16 a litre today. I just ordered a Ford Mach E. I am hoping to qualify for collector plates, and drive the Yukon on weekends.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could chuck a filter and oil in it and run it up to temp then drain n change.
Think you will only get so far with what youve done running cheap oil through it.
Thanks, that’s kind of what I’m thinking after doing this and not getting very far. I replaced the oil cooler lines and cleaned out the adapter (full of chocolate milk) so those should be good. Going to crank it up, warm and drain and see how it looks.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lloyd's Mat came into today. I like it. I wanted something a little out of the normal. What do you guys think?View attachment 370127
Hey
It looks well fitted. No way that will slip up under the gas pedal!
Do yoy plan on taking it out every now and then to let the carpet breath?
I guess summer will be all good but i would think youll get some moisture trapping there when its wet maybe.
Nice job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts