What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Roof rack delete. Wasn't expecting to but the bolts wouldn't come out and water was getting in because it had loosened up. Just got my headliner done. I think Tim really enjoyed swinging that 3 lb hammer at it to get it off. He drilled out the top of the bolts and it would not come lose. When all else fails, swing something heavy. Thankfully no rain for the next four days. Put some flex seal tape on it and gonna find a body shop to weld the holes closed.

View attachment 245539 View attachment 245540 View attachment 245541
Looks better.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I found my vacuum leak. The connection from the brake booster to intake o-ring was broken and the MAP sensor seemed loose or possibly unplugged.
A neighbor bailed me out with the o-ring and I jammed the MAP back in and gave it the evil eye since there’s no real hold down mechanism.
Gonna take her out on a nice 75mph highway later for testing.
Codes have been p0300,p0303, with recent p0171 and the occasional p0174. Hopefully on the right track on getting these fixed, STFT looked MUCH better on a scanner

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Think I found my vacuum leak. The connection from the brake booster to intake o-ring was broken and the MAP sensor seemed loose or possibly unplugged.
A neighbor bailed me out with the o-ring and I jammed the MAP back in and gave it the evil eye since there’s no real hold down mechanism.
Gonna take her out on a nice 75mph highway later for testing.
Codes have been p0300,p0303, with recent p0171 and the occasional p0174. Hopefully on the right track on getting these fixed, STFT looked MUCH better on a scanner
@liquify33 were you the one who asked about my a/m mirrors? Yeah, you wouldn't like them. The driver jiggles at 45. I did reseat my door panels because some forgot to put the screws in the door pull, so it popped them all out and then broke half of the pegs, but I highly doubt that will help hold everything steady. I think my plug for my power mirror switch is garbage. Bought a new controller but the down is the only direction that works. Might have to rob some out of the junkyard. Like everything else on that truck!!! LOL

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@liquify33 were you the one who asked about my a/m mirrors? Yeah, you wouldn't like them. The driver jiggles at 45. I did reseat my door panels because some forgot to put the screws in the door pull, so it popped them all out and then broke half of the pegs, but I highly doubt that will help hold everything steady. I think my plug for my power mirror switch is garbage. Bought a new controller but the down is the only direction that works. Might have to rob some out of the junkyard. Like everything else on that truck!!! LOL
My drivers side will make you seasick over 45. Thinking it’s a replacement as the 2 mirrors are *almost* the same but not quite.
Got her up to 85 today and the misfires came back (no code yet), speedometer became useless and it shifted down to 3rd. Ran GREAT until 80 so that is probably her limit for now.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
My drivers side will make you seasick over 45. Thinking it’s a replacement as the 2 mirrors are *almost* the same but not quite.
Got her up to 85 today and the misfires came back (no code yet), speedometer became useless and it shifted down to 3rd. Ran GREAT until 80 so that is probably her limit for now.
Gonna have to slow 'er down there buddy LOL. Ok so you mentioned the speedo going out and it going down to 3rd, have you replaced the VSS? When my VSS was bad, the speedo would quit and put me in 3rd

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to slow 'er down there buddy LOL. Ok so you mentioned the speedo going out and it going down to 3rd, have you replaced the VSS? When my VSS was bad, the speedo would quit and put me in 3rd
speedometer is accurate within 2 mph until 75-80-ish. Much over that and she gets weird. I may look into a new VSS sensor

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced upper radiator hose. The metal cable hold down for the AC and EGR wires ate through mine. A coworker didn’t understand why I was so happy, I thought the damn intake manifold blew out again from the puddle!
And replaced those dumb ass spring clamps.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
It's a/c day...again. I got my visors from the interior shop. Cannot wait to put them in! They look gorgeous. Guess we found more of?? That Tennessee mud!!! I swear I need to just go soak this thing in a freshwater creek. Still fighting a leak, gonna try to remove and reinstall the weatherstripping on the rear cargo doors and see if we can get that resolved. Next step....well I need new exhaust. So I think we are going to do some shorty headers and flowmasters. Still have it exit right behind my tires. The fab shop and interior shop gave me thumbs up on the progress so far. And shout out @NoReverseYukon /USER] for hooking me up with a damn near brand new ac dash controller.

20200502_133357.jpg 20200502_141810.jpg 20200502_141817.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins