What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so amazon sent me a replacement and the plastic cover was broken on that one too...
This is why I no longer buy parts from Amazon. I've had multiple parts arrive damaged, a couple more than once.

I thought the Ad244 was a direct replacement?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I no longer buy parts from Amazon. I've had multiple parts arrive damaged, a couple more than once.

I thought the Ad244 was a direct replacement?
On 95 and older the plug is not the same, and the bracket is slightly off and needs a bit of trimming for the bolt to go thru.

On amazon the ease of returns and refunds make it still worth it for me. Though I use rockauto quite a bit.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
This weekend was a banner weekend for the Ol' Hoe. She had a/c! For exactly one day LOL But everything works, need to find the leak. Gonna hit it with the UV pen tonight to see where all it leaked from. But to ride around with my windows up when it was 90+ outside was awesome. But I'm not unhappy, I know that the compressor engages and cycles and all that good stuff. Hopefully nothing in the dash needs to be replaced. Well I'm going to have to pull the bezel to seal up some of the vents, but that's minor.

Texxxan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my 2 door 97 Tahoe in February or March of this year. Since then, I have installed a complete tune up, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, coil, and pcv valve. I have added newer 18 inch wheels and BFG KO2 tires. I have also replaced all AC components and have cold AC. I cleaned the blower motor area. It was dirty but not as bad as I expected. I have also replaced the upper and lower intake gaskets and upgraded to MPFI. She runs so much better than when I bought her. The odometer reads 294,*** miles but the motor internals didn't look dirty at all and the transmission shifts flawless and smooth. She has plenty of power. My next project will be to install a complete new front suspension. So far, I have done all the work but I believe I will let an expert do the front suspension for me. This isn't my first OBS, but it is my first Tahoe and I love it. She is my daily driver and gets a lot of compliments. I have been a member since I bought my Tahoe and have done a ton of research since. I have used the search feature to help me diagnose and make all the repairs that I've done so far. Thank you for all of your help so far. I will let you guys know as I continue to make my Tahoe new again.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I have ac!! It blows out of everywhere at the same time so that mode door actuator needs to be replaced but it is the one that is up by the blower motor and impossible to get to right now so I'm just going to have cold feet LOL I absolutely love my Hoe, she is the best. I also picked up some GMT800 seats for her upfront. When the kid comes home from the Navy for good in two weeks, he's going to fab those puppies in there. And I am finally replacing shocks. It's going to be like a brand new truck. Well other than the assorted surface rust and dents/dings.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ac!! It blows out of everywhere at the same time so that mode door actuator needs to be replaced but it is the one that is up by the blower motor and impossible to get to right now so I'm just going to have cold feet LOL I absolutely love my Hoe, she is the best. I also picked up some GMT800 seats for her upfront. When the kid comes home from the Navy for good in two weeks, he's going to fab those puppies in there. And I am finally replacing shocks. It's going to be like a brand new truck. Well other than the assorted surface rust and dents/dings.
Those seats are going to be a nice upgrade. What'd you pay for them? Center console? What fabric? I really need to do something about my bench

Grats on the AC. I'm messing with mine as well. Think Ive got it figured out.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got some obs seats in my van. They're pretty comfy.

Id really like a jump seat with storage and an armrest. Its not uncomfortable, but the fabric is threadbare and tearing. Foam is in great shape actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop