What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced water pump and thermostat.

Cleaning the gasket crud and area was the longest/hardest part.

I’ve had a slow drip of coolant since I got the truck in January. About 1.5 gallons over 3k miles or so but the spots started getting bigger and top-offs more often. As soon as I loosened the bottom right bolt coolant rushes out and the gasket was a mess.

Dry as a bone under the truck overnight now. Knock on wood.

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another big day...

Vacuumed and shampooed the carpets and mats...long overdue to pull out stains and general disregard for the little beauty.

Leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats; cleaned and conditioned the dash and interior trim

I had some other cleaning supplies, so I used rubbing compound to get the haze off of the front and rear lights and leading trim of mirrors. Then I sprayed clear lacquer on the lights and mirror housings.

The paint will get a good rubbing compound and polish this weekend but this was the start of the cleanup.

I know this sounds crazy, but I think the Yukon accelerates better, is faster, more powerful and turns tighter now that the carpet is clean...any thoughts on that? lol

IMG_6031.jpg IMG_6032.jpg IMG_6033.jpg IMG_6034.jpg

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I saw at least a 3mpg after the vacuum and polish. Really happy with that. That brings me to about 47mpg on the freeway with my 4.10's and little 5.7. I should be able to get a low emissions plate with that cleaning/upgrade. So I recommend all OBS owners to do a thorough vacuum of their mats and carpet.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple days ago i walked out my front door to see a broken mirror. Good excuse to update them to the black flip style mirrors. I considered sport mirrors for a second but they look so tiny and i like to be able to see things in my mirrors. New mirrors have arrived. Maybe next week i can find some time to put them on.

20190321_074820.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Couple days ago i walked out my front door to see a broken mirror. Good excuse to update them to the black flip style mirrors. I considered sport mirrors for a second but they look so tiny and i like to be able to see things in my mirrors. New mirrors have arrived. Maybe next week i can find some time to put them on.

View attachment 219721
Looks like it just gave up the ghost? Just popped out?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it just gave up the ghost? Just popped out?
Yup. I had the mirrors off to replace the scraper seals recently and they were fine. Attached them securely. No issues

Then there was a hard frost and it was fairly windy. Guess that did it.

Last edited: