What did you do to your NNBS SSV/PPV today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisA2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long did it take you to remove everything? I've debated doing the same to mine.
It's cool to see it stripped down haha
6-8 hours probably....I took my time...and was super careful to not damage any important parts. The headliner isn't that bad just take your time. Then I spent probably another 6-8 hours putting the sound deading in. Once I get it all back together completely I will let you know the difference. I can already tell a difference in the front....the back is a little loud but hey its still all apart.

So far Im happy. I still have to do the doors. I will post more pics as I go along.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not bad. I was figuring a solid days work for disassembly.
Man, I bet you can hear a difference. Once it's all back together it's going to be like night and day.

I'm definitely looking forward to your progress, post many pics.

Thanks for the update

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Just a follow up on my running hot situation. Pressure tested it and found a leak in the heater hose. Almost 200k so sure, replaced both. Still running hot. Pulled out the restrictor since it had no effect. Replaced the thermostat and coolant reservoir cap. I noticed that when the engine was hot and I unscrewed the reservoir cap that coolant shot out the bottom. Turns out the reservoir tank had a crack in the bottom. Replaced it and now operating at normal temp and the secondary fan never comes on, gauge is back in the middle where it should be. So if you have higher mileage on your Tahoe, leaks will likely occur when the cooling system is brought back to full pressure with a new radiator and water pump. Now hopefully this Cold case will give me 100k.

Last edited:

ChrisA2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well....I added the rear cargo box. Thank you to the Texas DPS for their donation...lol....ok I purchased it...but it looks good. Quiet (doesn't rattle)....and has a ton of storage.

The top two big spaces are drawers. The lower (3) are empty sort of....Those are going to be additional storage and on the left side where I place all the two-way radios and audio Amplifier. Yes will be adding some fans for ventilation.

Ill post more as I go along.

Attachments

• 68877491278__80E90DC1-E872-449E-9E36-C529D17F0F74.jpeg
    68877491278__80E90DC1-E872-449E-9E36-C529D17F0F74.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 68877489559__AB3CE76B-7183-4CA1-A57C-AFC96BF8FC0F.jpeg
    68877489559__AB3CE76B-7183-4CA1-A57C-AFC96BF8FC0F.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 12

AC95

Reaction score
Installed a new hood latch (secondary latch was bent forward). Installed DIC in dash trim. Horn wiring. 3 new lug nuts that were missing.

Soon going to be upgrading front and rear shocks and keeping stock springs, front calipers (front left is frozen), lower control arms, rotors and pads all around, inner tie rods, and sway bar end links all around too. I have an appointment at NTB for some BF Goodrich Advantage T/A sports and an alignment. I’m gonna bulletproof the suspension.

In the near near future (fingers crossed) I gotta replace exhaust manifold gaskets cause they’re leaking and the sound is horrible; exhaust tube just above drivers cat has some holes that I am going to weld with low heat.

Oh and I changed oil and differential fluid

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Tried to roll down my passenger wimdow from the master panel but zilch. Checked the passenger door switch and it worked fine. So bad switch on the master panel. Found the GM part number and found one brand new on ebay for 2.99. The guy has a high number of sales with 100% feedback so hopefully legit. Easy peasy problem and 5 minute fix, which is nice once in a while.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Welp. Tried it today and the window switch worked fine. In fact, I played with it all day without fail. Oh well. New switch is still on the way so I will just keep it in the glove box for the next window switch emergency. I like crap that fixes itself.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the air bag recall completed at the Dealership - no upsell or bogus repairs noted! All in all, was a positive experience, and thankfully its now done!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welp. Tried it today and the window switch worked fine. In fact, I played with it all day without fail. Oh well. New switch is still on the way so I will just keep it in the glove box for the next window switch emergency. I like crap that fixes itself.

Doesn't a new switch require programming?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon