What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know Dorman had stud kits at all. After some Googling, I see they have stud kits for Ford/Lincoln. I guess OE for the mod motors. Currently trying to find the thread sizes for these things. @gooffeyguy is a Ford guy and would probably know.

I've used Dorman #03413 (regular bolts) on a few trucks with stock manifolds and headers. I had to take my driver side head off a few months ago and the bolts came out and went back in with no problems. Although, my original bolts (all 12 were intact) came out with no problems after 200K miles. Can't go wrong for $8 (currently, on Amazon). For the peace of mind and just to say I did something, I'll probably replace them with ARP #134-1102 or 134-1202 for the fancier head.

*EDIT* Found 'em: Dorman #03430. Doesn't tell what grade of steel, though. Personally, unless I was planning on removing and reinstalling the manifolds a lot, I'd just use bolts.

*EDITED EDIT* Just saw @j91z28d1 already mentioned the mod motor OE studs.

they are m8x1. 25. the common. size and they have a hex head to the stud..

I've got extras laying around somewhere. I believe the nut had the grade, nothing on the stud. I'd hope they were the same, but who knows haha. I'll take a pic when I find some

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a tint band one. Was that an option from the glass company?

glass shop can get them either way with or without, there may also be a option of dark blue or grey

I got the tint when Safelite replaced mine. I just clicked "tinted". I also got a scratched fender, new glass, and trim. Still fighting with them over it....

Am I the only one that'd rather have untinted and have tint film installed afterwards to have an even tinted portion as deep and dark as I wanted instead of the thin fade style reminiscent of the 70s?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that'd rather have untinted and have tint film installed afterwards to have an even tinted portion as deep and dark as I wanted instead of the thin fade style reminiscent of the 70s?
My Yukon has factory tint and I can't tell where the factory "tint" starts and stops after 15% strip was installed. I honestly thought my avalanche was tinted factory. It wasn't until after I scheduled the replacement and told Casey I got the tinted glass. He said he didn't think my stock was tinted. After inspection, it was not tinted from the factory

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon has factory tint and I can't tell where the factory "tint" starts and stops after 15% strip was installed. I honestly thought my avalanche was tinted factory. It wasn't until after I scheduled the replacement and told Casey I got the tinted glass. He said he didn't think my stock was tinted. After inspection, it was not tinted from the factory

I suppose at 15%, it's dark enough to cover anything.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can live with or without it I am 6'4 so I already have to lower my seat down and back, surprisingly the silverado has a lot more leg room

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I can live with or without it I am 6'4 so I already have to lower my seat down and back, surprisingly the silverado has a lot more leg room
I am 6’4” as well and have the seat all the way down and back. I don’t like it reclined very much though.

I like the fade out transition rather than a solid line because of where my line of sight is. My rear view is a blind spot for me sometimes. However, I don’t know how far down the factory tint line comes on these. I wouldn’t expect much more than 3” or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17