What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't move to South Carolina. Seriously, the summers are brutally hot and humid. The mosquitos are big enough to try on your clothes. The school system is among the worst in the country. The roads look like the surface of the moon because of all the potholes. SCDOT thinks "tar and gravel" is the same as pavement. The weather is generally unpredictable and usually bad. No one knows how to drive, especially when it's wet. Lord help you if it snows, when everyone acts like a hooligan and crashes. And let's not forget that until it was outlawed, this was the birthplace of the "Carolina Squat". You don't want to live here.

At least that's what I tell everyone. We're in the middle of a huge building boom and it sucks. I moved from Spartanburg to a small town 30 miles away to get away from it.
Unless the Lord burdens my heart to move elsewhere, we're staying in Florida. When there is a waiting list to get seated at a restaurant on Friday night, it's time to move to a smaller town! My wife and I want to move out the more rural parts of our county or the neighboring ones.

Been through Spartanburg, had a friend there who used to volunteer at the tank museum but he's gone on to his reward. Nice town back then.

Reaction score
Spotted the culprits of (some of) the new noises under the hood. They must have popped off on the drive back from Acadia Nat'l Park.

Rear manifold bolts, on both banks.

View attachment 401290
View attachment 401291
My drivers side rear bolt head is gone. Noticed it about 6 months ago. I have a package of new ARP bolts waiting to go on. Probably get around to it sometime this month

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a kit. i.e. an aftermarket kit with bags something.

Yes, for a better ride. I was in a friends tahoe that had it and it was a lot more comfortable. : )

I'm a sucker for softer ride. do you have a thread about them?

I'm guessing you run a softer main spring with the airbag in it to adjust ride hight and get the progress rate of the air too for a nicer ride over the washboard stuff?

I have the z55/z95 stuff too. I went as far as to email the old retired gm engineer that sells a tune for the corvette mag ride. supposedly it changes the whole car, touring mode is actually nice and track is track. not the oem tune that you didn't know what position the switch was in, you'd never feel the difference haha.

he said the software/hardware would all work. but at this point he's enjoying retirement and doesn't want to take on the project. he'd need a test truck and all to tune with.

it's a shame, but I get it. be nice if at some point he lets that info slide somewhere so the smart DIY code guys can take it from there a touring tune a sport tune and a towing tune would be really nice.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought both Dorman repair clamps. Should be fun.
My drivers side rear bolt head is gone. Noticed it about 6 months ago. I have a package of new ARP bolts waiting to go on. Probably get around to it sometime this month
I'm thinking about removing the manifolds when doing motor mounts. Too risky? I'd rather replace the bolts now than worry about them. Is head removal the only way to fix it when one snaps?

Why does everything on this truck feel like a ticking time bomb?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Converting back to the stock autoride air suspension- new struts plus new upper and lower arms because the ball joints were bad.
The only major component that hasn't been replaced are the axles because they are in good shape. Will be doing the driver side soon.

View attachment 401091
View attachment 401092
there is a available front air-strut
View attachment 401265

this makes me even more curious.

as bag on shock and air bag inside spring all in the front end?

I need more info haha.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about removing the manifolds when doing motor mounts. Too risky? I'd rather replace the bolts now than worry about them. Is head removal the only way to fix it when one snaps?

Why does everything on this truck feel like a ticking time bomb?
easyout, if your lucky
manifold bolts have been breaking since forever, randomly just the way it is.