What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, I don't need to change mine just was curious if the bumper cover had to come off for some reason I changed the one in my 03 a couple times, and a few older vehicles in the past.
but why on earth would you have a dash light from changing the rack n pinion?
I could see maybe if you totaly fubar'd it up so bad the yaw sensor was out of whack or something....
You may get the dash light code c0710. If the dash light is not on and when you start to drive the light comes on then you need alignment. You might be able to measure the inner tie-rods correctly if you have great skills. I would spend the $90 and purchase the Duralast gold heavy-duty inner tie-rods if you have 22” rims because they are heavy. I recommend Duralast gold for inner tie-rods, brake pads w/lifetime replacement, upper/lower control arm & rear sway bar end-links only. The rest should be OEM. Duralast comes with life time warranty & the above recommended are better then oem respectfully. The inner tie-rods that come with the steering rack are poor quality and will last a year.

IMG_6293.png

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just hit that starter with a hammer, should fire right up!
Lol, not that one…..I did give it a few whacks and checked fuses and relays and test lights annd meters and that f’in truck is lucky I didn’t have any matches on me because something would’ve fired right up….starter and all…

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over Memorial day I took some time off work so that I had a 5 day "weekend". Round trip drove about 1600 miles to Colorado Springs and back. Visited the Air Force Academy, Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods,..... Deathscalade performed flawlessly even going up and down Pikes Peak. Going up I kept a close eye on Trans temps. By the time we got to the top it was around 225. Higher than I like but not horrible. On the way down, it was the brakes! There's a check point on the way down where they'll take a temp reading of your brakes and mine were OVER 500* :eek: Mostly due to some jack wagon in a Kia Soul in front of me constantly riding their brakes so therefore I had no choice. Long story short, I could literally see smoke coming off the brakes so we pulled over and let them cool for about an hour or so. I will be ordering new pads and rotors after that. :lol:

In the 6 months we've had this rig, we've already put 15,000 miles on her! Pretty shocking that we're on pace for 30k miles in a year but she's doing well and we have no complaints, thus far.
Sounds like an awesome trip! I've been to Pikes peak 3 times I think. The first two where before it was paved all the way to the top (vacations with my parents when I was still in high school). Coming back down, I always use low gear. Every time I see people riding the brakes all the way down and get pulled off at the check point. I haven't had any issues in that department so far. The first time we visited (I was with my mom and dad, prob 15 years old), we drove all around the side roads and things. We found a falling down shack and I had to pee. Went around back to hang a leg and spotted a stop sign that was covered in dust and debris. That sign may or may not have grown legs....

Garden of the Gods is beautiful as well. The last time we went was in 2012. That was me and Steph's first "out west" road trip together. I think we're gong to do Glacier NP next year. Starting to plan for that now.

Share some photos!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may get the dash light code c0710. If the dash light is not on and when you start to drive the light comes on then you need alignment. You might be able to measure the inner tie-rods correctly if you have great skills. I would spend the $90 and purchase the Duralast gold heavy-duty inner tie-rods if you have 22” rims because they are heavy. I recommend Duralast gold for inner tie-rods, brake pads w/lifetime replacement, upper/lower control arm & rear sway bar end-links only. The rest should be OEM. Duralast comes with life time warranty & the above recommended are better then oem respectfully. The inner tie-rods that come with the steering rack are poor quality and will last a year.

View attachment 400922
YEP, yaw sensor (steering wheel angle sensor) that could happen when you do not secure the steering wheel while changing the steering rack, should not happen simply because it is out of alignment, fairly tedious to replace if you screw it up, it's a sensitive instrument like the clock spring

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they tell everyone that. you just happen to get pointer to the gift shop parking lot lol.

years and years ago. I took a 4th Gen z28 up there, manual, never hardly touched the brakes. I was like haha. they aren't going to get me. temp gun and pointed me over, wife laughing at me. parked felt my wheels, no warmer than after driving on the interstate for a while. 100$ worth of trinkets later, back in the road.
Well, mine were definitely HOT :happy175: And we didn't buy a thing from the gift shop as we'd already bought some stuff up at the top. We did try to buy some drinks but the dude on that side of the store was on "lunch break" until 3:30 (this was at 2:00) so we figured we weren't thirsty enough to wait an hour and a half LOL

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome trip! I've been to Pikes peak 3 times I think. The first two where before it was paved all the way to the top (vacations with my parents when I was still in high school). Coming back down, I always use low gear. Every time I see people riding the brakes all the way down and get pulled off at the check point. I haven't had any issues in that department so far. The first time we visited (I was with my mom and dad, prob 15 years old), we drove all around the side roads and things. We found a falling down shack and I had to pee. Went around back to hang a leg and spotted a stop sign that was covered in dust and debris. That sign may or may not have grown legs....

Garden of the Gods is beautiful as well. The last time we went was in 2012. That was me and Steph's first "out west" road trip together. I think we're gong to do Glacier NP next year. Starting to plan for that now.

Share some photos!
Glacier Nat'l Park is a beautiful!! You'll love it. I went there in my early 20's and was spectacular.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glacier Nat'l Park is a beautiful!! You'll love it. I went there in my early 20's and was spectacular.
+1. I've been there many times. The Flathead Valley around Whitefish is in my soul.

@pwtr02ss, if you have passports and can spend the extra time, Waterton Lakes is the Canadian National Park on the other side of the border and it's spectacular. I stayed at the Prince of Wales Hotel there (below) for a few nights several years ago and it was the crown jewel of our entire trip to Glacier and Waterton.

1685718442841.png

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1. I've been there many times. The Flathead Valley around Whitefish is in my soul.

@pwtr02ss, if you have passports and can spend the extra time, Waterton Lakes is the Canadian National Park on the other side of the border and it's spectacular. I stayed at the Prince of Wales Hotel there (below) for a few nights several years ago and it was the crown jewel of our entire trip to Glacier and Waterton.

View attachment 400934
Absolutely! We visited the Canadian side, too, and it was incredible. I hope to take my fam back there some day. Love it up there.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 400934
Thanks for the tips! Any and all are appreciated. Since we travel with a firearm, I'm not sure how that works to cross into Canada. I had planned on driving over for the day and coming back to the hotel where we would leave our belongings. If I'm incorrect about the pistola thing, I'm all ears.

We're just digging into this thing so if there ANY must sees, let me know. We aren't avid hikers by any means but aren't incapable of doing some. Photo opportunities are a priority as well. We'll prob be there a total of 3 days. It's a long drive. We could fly but we love a good road trip.

Also, we're shooting for a trip in May. It seems the last few times we've gone out west, it's been late in the year and the fires/smoke have been really bad. I'm wanting to get out there as early as possible to hopefully avoid that

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

View attachment 400934
Hard to believe something so beautiful exists in this world.