What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well after only 13 months, one of my PIAA H7 Xtreme headlight bulbs is burned out. I went with them because I didn't trust the unknown ones that came with my aftermarket headlights (see sig pic). And I've experienced how quickly Silvania Silverstar bulbs burn out. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't such a pain to change bulbs.

Any other recommendations for bulbs with decent color temperature and brightness? I'll consider incandescent or LED. I'm not interested in HID conversations that cost $1k.

I've had great luck with the plain old cheapie Sylvania's. I replaced the ones in my 2012 30K miles ago and they're still working well even though they're always on day or night (I have DRLs active). You probably know this already but I'll mention it anyway: Generally, the whiter the beam and the more intense they are, the shorter their lifespan. Might be worth experimenting with the range of Sylvania colors and intensities at the local parts store to see if you can strike a good balance.
I spent quite a bit of time on this site researching and will go with these after looking at the charts available on the site. For now I am happy with my stock bulbs.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after only 13 months, one of my PIAA H7 Xtreme headlight bulbs is burned out. I went with them because I didn't trust the unknown ones that came with my aftermarket headlights (see sig pic). And I've experienced how quickly Silvania Silverstar bulbs burn out. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't such a pain to change bulbs.

Any other recommendations for bulbs with decent color temperature and brightness? I'll consider incandescent or LED. I'm not interested in HID conversations that cost $1k.
I bought some phillips brand on amazon the last time I replaced them on the avalanche. I bought these January 2020. The previous I bought April 2018 so it seems I should be preparing to order them again lol

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent quite a bit of time on this site researching and will go with these after looking at the charts available on the site. For now I am happy with my stock bulbs.
Thanks for that. Wow, quite a few guys on here recommended PIAA. But that comparison site shows they don't have good lifespan. After reading through the info, the Philips look like a good choice. Wish they were available locally so I could swap tomorrow. But Amazon will have them to me in a few days. Thanks again.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I took it on a 1-hour drive to my aunt's house to visit them and my fam visiting from Texas. Due to traffic and weather, it took two hours. I was forced to stop for gas before getting there but I still passed up a convenient station because it was a Shell. Thinking back after writing that, maybe I'd rather run out of gas than get Shell. o_O

I found another station down a side road about a mile further. They had all non-ethanol gas. $50 got me 9.6 gallons of their 92 octane. :mad: Also, it appeared to be an independent station and I didn't see any fuel branding signs. With how the Universe does me, it was probably Shell gas.

IMG_0235.JPG

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday, I took it on a 1-hour drive to my aunt's house to visit them and my fam visiting from Texas. Due to traffic and weather, it took two hours. I was forced to stop for gas before getting there but I still passed up a convenient station because it was a Shell. Thinking back after writing that, maybe I'd rather run out of gas than get Shell. o_O

I found another station down a side road about a mile further. They had all non-ethanol gas. $50 got me 9.6 gallons of their 92 octane. :mad: Also, it appeared to be an independent station and I didn't see any fuel branding signs. With how the Universe does me, it was probably Shell gas.

View attachment 370315

Shell shocked, probably. Stranded yet, or just running like crud? ;)

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 370315
What’s wrong with shell other than their ridiculous price?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts