What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the valve cover gaskets, and cleaned up the schmoo from the valve covers.

oGETeO7.jpg
A3H45N2.jpg

Couldn't even start installing this clamp, because the ground strap bolt is King-Konged into the head. I guess I'll try to go up from below, but will have to remove the front drive-shaft.
qXYLYlN.jpg

I just noticed the 6.2 stamped under one of the valve covers. Is that because the 5.3 and 6.2 share the same heads?

Also, the Fel-Pro gasket set came with an extra gasket, and I have no idea where it is supposed to go. Looks like this:
rz9IFkE.jpg

Any clue?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the valve cover gaskets, and cleaned up the schmoo from the valve covers.

View attachment 401525
View attachment 401526

Couldn't even start installing this clamp, because the ground strap bolt is King-Konged into the head. I guess I'll try to go up from below, but will have to remove the front drive-shaft.
View attachment 401527

I just noticed the 6.2 stamped under one of the valve covers. Is that because the 5.3 and 6.2 share the same heads?

Also, the Fel-Pro gasket set came with an extra gasket, and I have no idea where it is supposed to go. Looks like this:
View attachment 401528

Any clue?
that gasket sets covers 99-20 could go to anything, off hand I would guess some form of pcv valve, it's not applicable for all.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

View attachment 401525
View attachment 401526

View attachment 401527

View attachment 401528

Any clue?
That gasket is for the old LS factory E.G.R. and A.I.R. connection if I'm not mistaken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike_16_denali