What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2012 does

9Tc.gif

@07Burb

DaveO9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stripped clear coat, sanded, and polished front two wheels. Did the same treatment to the rears months ago. They still look good so I wanted to do it all around. I stupidly don't have a before pic, but the clear coat was all blotchy and mottled. Faded and cloudy in some spots, but not everywhere. Stripped off the clear with aircraft remover, sanded the machine ridges off, starting at 350 grit and working up to 1500. Then polished with Mothers aluminum polish and a small drill-mounted buffing wheel. Not perfect or show quality at all, but I'm happy with how they turned out. I protected the back two with Magic Guard, I'll do the same with the front. IMG_4198.jpeg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stripped clear coat, sanded, and polished front two wheels. Did the same treatment to the rears months ago. They still look good so I wanted to do it all around. I stupidly don't have a before pic, but the clear coat was all blotchy and mottled. Faded and cloudy in some spots, but not everywhere. Stripped off the clear with aircraft remover, sanded the machine ridges off, starting at 350 grit and working up to 1500. Then polished with Mothers aluminum polish and a small drill-mounted buffing wheel. Not perfect or show quality at all, but I'm happy with how they turned out. I protected the back two with Magic Guard, I'll do the same with the front. View attachment 401067

that looks nice. paint work is always difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep