What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the front driveshaft.

Checklist - everything prepped and ready for tomorrow:

drain the transfer case,
drain front diff,
remove old / clean
replace new front output shaft seal,
prep/paint transmission crossmember,
install crossmember,
install new front driveshaft,
R&R rear driveshaft,
Torque spec EVERYTHING!
R&R old/new radiator,
Swap bottom spacers used on trans cooler,

Tomorrow? Nope, that’s (this) morning. Bloody hell! As in less than three hours from now. I’m getting nowhere having this guy help me. Nowhere other than aggravated over broken parts and teaching the same info each day.
I need help from someone who knows the difference between a 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2” socket. Swivel, extension, drain pan and my Milwaukee 3/8 ratchet…

”um I found a claw hammer, will that work?”

That’s a piston hammer numb-nut$! So not only “No”, but “hell No” that won’t work.
Are my expectations of help (even gofers) just too f*¢kin’ high? Does anyone else feel like we are shooting the wrong caliber and maybe it’s time we should put away the match grade, since everyone else at the range is shooting dummy rounds?

Denali will once again be on hold for…an unknown time frame. I need to mow and weed whip (10 acres), clean the house, open the pool and somehow find time to “baby-proof” the house in prep for a new puppy.

I swear I might go John Wick on a Mf’er tomorrow. Just be cool…

if you're asking if you should expect less from helpers. yes, very much yes. did the show up? consider yourself very lucky.

they hired 30 new aircraft mechanics a few weeks ago next door and they couldn't figure out why their golf carts kept dying. they thought they kept getting bad batteries. being all mad and shit, saying China builds the batteries now blah blah blah. I had to explain to them what a GFI outlet is and how to reset it.

they never even thought to wonder why there were no lights in the front of their chargers when they plugged them in.

these are middle-aged men that work on airplanes for a living.

literally no one knows anything these days.

Reaction score
brought the tech 2 into work today to try and reset the suspension. only good level ground I got lol. measured rear fender at 37 1/4, front at 34 3/4. that's a lot of rake. checked the air pressure and it was at 22. pretty common i think. raised it a bit to 25psi and then enabled the vent. took like 5 mins to get down to 20 and wouldn't go below it. maybe dropped a 1/4in in the rear. oh well, ran the 2 cals real quick before the compressor clicked on to pump it back up. shall see how it rides at lunch and then remeasure. I sware it looks higher in the back after towing and the cut off on the headlights feels a little lower like I need to adjust them up. been a few months since the tow thou, so think it's settled.

weird.

anyone know what apm set point control is?

found it looking thru the tech 2 but none of my software has anything on it and Google search just brings up manufacturing controls for stuff.

odd.
What 2 calibrations did you do on the suspension?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What 2 calibrations did you do on the suspension?

under the chassis module on the tech 2 there's a ACL trim set cal and a bump stop cal. I don't think anyone really knows what they do or if they are needed. but the service manaual says to park on level ground unloaded and run the calculations if any component has been changed. it seems to be not needed because everyone says everything works and no codes without it. but since I think my ride height changed. I tried running the cal to see if it helped.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
under the chassis module on the tech 2 there's a ACL trim set cal and a bump stop cal. I don't think anyone really knows what they do or if they are needed. but the service manaual says to park on level ground unloaded and run the calculations if any component has been changed. it seems to be not needed because everyone says everything works and no codes without it. but since I think my ride height changed. I tried running the cal to see if it helped.
wierd even though I have done this in the past and even posted the procedure before I don't recall the bumpstop part which is clearly noted in the procedure
Trimset Recalibration If the system is functioning abnormally, performing the Bumpstop and ALC Trimset recalibration procedures may correct the condition. When a system component has been replaced, the Bumpstop setup and ALC Trimset procedures must be performed.

1. Ensure that the vehicle has a full tank of fuel or add sufficient weight to the rear of the vehicle to simulate a full tank of fuel.
2. Place the vehicle on a flat level surface. Ensure that the suspension is in the normal resting position. With a scan tool, perform the ALC Trimset procedure by following the screen prompts.
3. With a scan tool, perform the suspension Bumpstop setup procedure by following the screen prompts. Once the process has been completed, the system should be fully functional.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
checked in the same spot after driving. ride hight unchanged, back to 22 psi in the bags and no noticeable difference in ride.

eh.. something to do guess

Reaction score
Mine just shows the ALC trim set calibration, which I've done in the past. Once after replacing shocks/struts, and once after installing the front leveling kit.

I don't have a bump stop calibration option, at least not that I remember.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just shows the ALC trim set calibration, which I've done in the past. Once after replacing shocks/struts, and once after installing the front leveling kit.

I don't have a bump stop calibration option, at least not that I remember.

if you do it's directly under the alc one.. it might be a z95 mag shock thing? do you have that.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wierd even though I have done this in the past and even posted the procedure before I don't recall the bumpstop part which is clearly noted in the procedure
Trimset Recalibration If the system is functioning abnormally, performing the Bumpstop and ALC Trimset recalibration procedures may correct the condition. When a system component has been replaced, the Bumpstop setup and ALC Trimset procedures must be performed.

1. Ensure that the vehicle has a full tank of fuel or add sufficient weight to the rear of the vehicle to simulate a full tank of fuel.
2. Place the vehicle on a flat level surface. Ensure that the suspension is in the normal resting position. With a scan tool, perform the ALC Trimset procedure by following the screen prompts.
3. With a scan tool, perform the suspension Bumpstop setup procedure by following the screen prompts. Once the process has been completed, the system should be fully functional.

I think you have better shop manual than me. I just have prodamand.

is there anything in yours about apm set point?

I'll have to hook the tech 2 back up and see what ir was under. I can't remember. but searched nothing came up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you have better shop manual than me. I just have prodamand.

is there anything in yours about apm set point?

I'll have to hook the tech 2 back up and see what ir was under. I can't remember. but searched nothing came up.
apm? air pressure? if so as far as I know the air pressure commands are for testing only

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094