What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I was going to ask you if the hp tuners let you set it for like 14.5+ all the time like (min 14.5-15.5 max or no max)
my mechman seems to hang around 14.2 a lot with the ac on since it stays on here 24/7 from april until nov so it's one fix for me lol
Yes you can, I believe 15.5V is 90% and you can set it to 95% max(according to some gm text)
here is a screenshot of the options available to me..
hpvolt.jpg
items in green I have deviated from stock. I lowered max voltage, and upped the rest. No idea what the fuel system minimum voltage map is for, didn't touch it.. or half the other settings for that matter!

DC max was 90%, DC min was 36% and the last two diag voltages I upped by 1 volt. (values shown are my modified settings)

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crossover steam pipe/seals
Is there a way to get a look at the rear crossover pipe?

I have a bad feeling it's my heater core, somehow a half-dollar size condensation circle appeared inside on windshield while I was messing with the hvac. Didn't see it form.. middle left side. When I opened the door I got a whiff of coolant..

Wonder if I can snake cam from the defroster or floor vent to check heater core..?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get a look at the rear crossover pipe?

I have a bad feeling it's my heater core, somehow a half-dollar size condensation circle appeared inside on windshield while I was messing with the hvac. Didn't see it form.. middle left side. When I opened the door I got a whiff of coolant..

Wonder if I can snake cam from the defroster or floor vent to check heater core..?

is there a rear crossover? I don't remember seeing one.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added wireless charging to the 2500 today; install was very straightforward and I only made one modification.

In the second picture I cut out a small indent for the wiring to pass forward, otherwise the trim panel which holds the HVAC for the rear will not seat like it did prior. It will seat enough to not really notice but my OCD self can definitely tell that it's not OEM as there is a small break where the rear trim panel connects to the center console as seen in the fourth picture.

This is the kit: https://boostautoparts.com/products/07-14-gm-charging
Your OCD must not be that bad or you would have already taped up or heat shrunk that wire loom. Ha! Nice work though. Cool idea.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the front driveshaft.

Checklist - everything prepped and ready for tomorrow:

drain the transfer case,
drain front diff,
remove old / clean
replace new front output shaft seal,
prep/paint transmission crossmember,
install crossmember,
install new front driveshaft,
R&R rear driveshaft,
Torque spec EVERYTHING!
R&R old/new radiator,
Swap bottom spacers used on trans cooler,

Tomorrow? Nope, that’s (this) morning. Bloody hell! As in less than three hours from now. I’m getting nowhere having this guy help me. Nowhere other than aggravated over broken parts and teaching the same info each day.
I need help from someone who knows the difference between a 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2” socket. Swivel, extension, drain pan and my Milwaukee 3/8 ratchet…

”um I found a claw hammer, will that work?”

That’s a piston hammer numb-nut$! So not only “No”, but “hell No” that won’t work.
Are my expectations of help (even gofers) just too f*¢kin’ high? Does anyone else feel like we are shooting the wrong caliber and maybe it’s time we should put away the match grade, since everyone else at the range is shooting dummy rounds?

Denali will once again be on hold for…an unknown time frame. I need to mow and weed whip (10 acres), clean the house, open the pool and somehow find time to “baby-proof” the house in prep for a new puppy.

I swear I might go John Wick on a Mf’er tomorrow. Just be cool…

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brought the tech 2 into work today to try and reset the suspension. only good level ground I got lol. measured rear fender at 37 1/4, front at 34 3/4. that's a lot of rake. checked the air pressure and it was at 22. pretty common i think. raised it a bit to 25psi and then enabled the vent. took like 5 mins to get down to 20 and wouldn't go below it. maybe dropped a 1/4in in the rear. oh well, ran the 2 cals real quick before the compressor clicked on to pump it back up. shall see how it rides at lunch and then remeasure. I sware it looks higher in the back after towing and the cut off on the headlights feels a little lower like I need to adjust them up. been a few months since the tow thou, so think it's settled.

weird.

anyone know what apm set point control is?

found it looking thru the tech 2 but none of my software has anything on it and Google search just brings up manufacturing controls for stuff.

odd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts